General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got my first ticket too

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Got my first ticket too

Should I bring money or will they take a check?

Old 06-27-2007, 11:42 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sucks for you. I had a similar ticket like that. I was speading up for the change in speed and the hot female cop said I was going 50(speeding up for a 45 zone)about a 1/4 mile before the sign. That is impossible because I was stopped at a stop light and took off normal from the light, the sign was probably a 1/4 mile from the light. And I didnt start to speed up until I got probably 100 feet from the sign because I saw her sitting in a drive way right back at the light. Anyway BS but I paid it because it was only $80 and I could have made more at work, it would have cost me more to go to court and fight it.

I still regret not fighting it but oh well. I would fight yours if I were you.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would assume they would have to accept checks, I think they even give you a certain amount of time to pay, I don't really remember on that part, my dad paid because it was agreed on that when we put the expired plates back on.

When you are called up to the box the judge will ask about what you did, and blah blah blah, they will also give you the chance to deny the whole thing, but then you will have to appear in court another time later down the road. You can also say anything at the end about the whole situation, which would be your time to question if he cop was right or not.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:46 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

cops have no need what so ever for a social security number.....Never!!! and calling your dad was un called for...this police officer acted out of his protocol for this violation....I would fight it 100% and call the cop on his inappropriate actions...especially if it's your first ticket....this whole thing sounds fishy to me...I would fight it...next time you should get his badge number and report him for harassing you.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Paddle_grl about the whole thing sounding fishy, and why on earth would he call your dad? If the car is registered to you then that was definitely out of line. I could see, maybe, calling if the car was his....If you decide to fight it I would go to the police station and ask for a copy of the tape (audio and video) of when you were stopped. They have to give it to you (I got one from the 911dispatch when I was hit by a sheriff's deputy andquestioned whether he was on a call ornot)and you can review it and make notes on exactly what was said and what you want to question about the stop. If the cop did not follow proper procedure then they will most likely throw out the ticket.

In Illinois, if I remember correctly, you have 60 days to pay the ticket and court costs (if you lose). You simply don't get your license back until it's paid.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 PM
89beater is an unknown quantity at this point

that does sound wierd. Ive never heard of anybody having to get out of the car for a speeding ticket. And there is no reason to ask your ss# he can get all the information he needs about you from your license. id deffinatly fight it.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with them all, there is absolutely no reason he should have ever asked you to get out of the car just for speeding, the ssn# is just odd.......I agree completely with Mbastet99 get a copy of the tape from the police station, they have to provide any type of proof they are holding so it shouldn't be a problem. Just tell them you got pulled over for speeding and would like the tape of XX of June please.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:07 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

That sux Brent. Too bad you werent in Phoenix. Cops dont even look at you unless you are doing 15 over or more. More often than not if I'm doing 10 over cops are passing me, lol.

Like everyone has been saying though that cop was way out of line. First ticket i got was when i was 16 for 20 over the posted limit (good thing he didnt get me a mile or so before that when i was doing 50 over the limit, yeah i was dumb).I had my car registered in my name and my mom's name at the timeand the cop just treated me like an adult and gave me my ticket and told me to just go to traffic school. Whole process took maybe 10 minutes and i was on my way with no issues.

That cop doing ANYTHING beyond that is unprofessional conduct and there is no place for it.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:35 PM
thevair65 is an unknown quantity at this point

fight it. i say this because a friend of mine got pulled over and the situation was simaler. i was with him and he was doing 78 in a 65 and got pulled over for it. the cop came to the window and started yelling at him. told him how he was endangering all the other drivers.made him get out of the car sat him on the bumper and continued to yell. when he returned to the car he told me not to let my friends risk my life. i told him i wasnt worried about it so he started getting pretty verble with me. threatened to tow the car. as well as giving me a ticket for miner in posession. (i was smoking a cigerette)wrote him a ticket for 94 in a 65 and gave him a written wreckless endangerment warning. Also had another friend get a seat belt ticket while sitting in his truck while it was running in a parking space. the state police around here are real @$#$%

Old 06-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just be aware it may take a little persistence to get the tape....I had to go back 2 times because the machine they used to copy the tapes was "out of order" when I asked for the copy. They also wanted to know why I wanted it and had to show proof of who I was. Didn't have a problem after showing up for the 3rd time to get it.