General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

got my headlights!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:02 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: checkin out some halos

How did you drill holes up there. Did you take it off or did you climb up there and do it. If you did, what did you use to avoid going through the roof of the truck. I was thinking of using some hose clamps for an easier approach. Plus, they are pretty solid.

Also, I probably will go with the black ones. It would look wierd with tails and headlights that don't match. Thanks for the opinions. Now all I need is some cash lol.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:30 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

My signal lights are as solid as the stockers

I just wish they'd have used black chrome for the highbeam reflector and signal light marker... That way it'd be all blacked out... and still reflective...

Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: cliro

you should also get a pic of a close up of the rail, i was thinking of doing this but with rectangular lights.
ya i was thinkin of doin the same just like 2 rectangular lights. but i cant really find anything i like (havent looked that much tho) anyone got any ideas as to where i could look or what i could type into ebay to get good search results?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

My signal lights are about shot too. I think this summer I may buy a new set like drperry's...

Dave I think your blazer would look better with the black.

You have thre styles of projector headlights to pick from. You have the two that you posted above and the ones like Dennis and I have. Personally,I think the black ones you originally posted are the most durable,and watertight. Mine have been everything but and now have water spots on the inside. the second set you posted have poor illumination on the high beams from what I've heard.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:18 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I like the way mine light up... I've had some slight fogging issues... but that's going to be taken care of soon enough

Old 02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

I took the whole rack off the roof...

8 torx bolts and wah la... measured it out and took my time...

Drill a small hole where you want the lights, then drill the bigger hole...itll make for a nice cleaner cut. (dont just start off with the big one)

Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I am going to take the roof rack off anyway to repaint it. I don't know if I want to drill. I am not that much of a steady hand when it comes to power tools. I might just go with the safer route and use the hose clamps. I am going to paint the clamps first to match the roof rack to hide them a little bit.

When you take the bolts out for the roof rack, is there a special way of putting them back in, or just zip-zip-zip and you're finished?

Oh, and Brent. When you got your halos, where did you get them? Also, did they come with the bracket on the back of the headlight that fits into the slot for the headlights, or do you have to take off the stock housing and fit it with the projectors. I am going to get the ones off of ebay because I like the bumper lights that I have now and that is the only set with the same bumpr lights. It says plug and play application, but what is intitled in getting them on the truck.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

No they line up with ease! took maybe 2 minutes to take it off and 2 minutes to put it back on...

use a hand screw driver though, I used a power drill, and I stripped all my torxs screws puttin it back on...

Well at least no one can take it off now haha

Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

IPF 868cs are nice rectangulars for your roof. See my pics [8D].

The kit comes with 50w and 100w 'HID' bulbs. VERY bright. Also they use a dual reflector set up, so you get a fog pattern up close, and then spot pattern at long range.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:34 AM
BF Veteran

Projectors are a direct swap... They come with the brackets.

They MIGHT sit a little funny on the passenger side, though...

Quick Reply: got my headlights!!!!