General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

got pulled over :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:12 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default got pulled over :(

aight so drivin home around 12:15 (just after midnight) and i'm drivin down this road doin 5mph over. i pass a cop at a stop sign and he follows me but i didnt think much of it. i go to turn onto the next road on my way home and he flips his lights on and speeds up to me and pulls me over. i'm like great wtf did i do?!?!?!?! so he walks up (btw y do they have to shine their spot light in ur mirror which points it right in ur eyes u cant see anything then!) and hes like where r u goin and where r u coming from. so i say i'm goin home and i was coming from John Harbors Coffee Shop (i did say the town but since i was still in the town he made me be specific) then hes like is this ur vehicle? im like yes. next hes like do u know y i pulled u over? i reply w/ i'm not really sure y. and then hes like well u have a defective muffler. (btw i just have the extension pipe and muffler on and its not that loud. i just havent finished fiting the tail pipe thats exiting the rear. and i've also driven past cops, in towns where they pull u over for pretty much everything, goin up hill at the gear drop where it sounds the loudest w/ no muffler on and the cop was right next to me and def heard me but didnt pull me over then and he wasnt busy at the time.) and in my mind him thinkin one how in the world do u know i have only a muffler on when i'm doin about 35mph stayin pretty constant at it and i only drive past him. so ya that kinda pissed me off. i mean seriously how can u tell its not like the mufflers that loud. but ya i just got out of it w/ a fix it ticket. and if i dont fix it by 5-21-08 then i get to pay them $83. so ya i'm not doin the tail pipe out the back any more i'm just sayin screw that and go w/ a stock one.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:17 AM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: got pulled over :(

that sucks.....the cops where i live are kind of like that but they are starting to relax on things like window tint, there's just too many cars for them to pull over for illegal tint, so the just look the other way.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 AM

ya i mean it was prolly cuz he was "bored" or somethin

Old 04-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

that sucks man...

Old 04-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

[align=left]Wrong palce at the wrong time. It's a non-moving violation right, if so it shouldn't mess with your insurance.
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 04-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap was that post PAINFUL to read...

Is there any local or state laws stating that you have to have your exhaust exiting out from under the vehicle? If there is, that is why he pulled you over. Regardless of how dumb the law, he's just doing his job.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW they shine the spotlight in your mirror so that you can't see. That is the point of it. Also it helps illuminate the interior of your vehicle so that they can see better when they are approaching your vehicle. They don't do it to be a pain. They arer taught to do that.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

lol they shine the light at me to. at least he didn't tell you to throw your keys at the window like they did with me :P but then they found out my dad worked for the same pd and let me go :P

Old 04-12-2008, 05:46 PM

ya its just a fix it ticket so my insurance wont move due to that.

sry kyle for the hard to read post lol it was last night right after i got home i typed it so ya. and ik he was just doin his job but it just surprises me at how he "caught" me like it doesnt sound that loud.

and ya ik they shine the spot light in ur mirror to illuminate ur interior and see u better but it was just in my eyes the entire time like i either had to look down or out the passanger side to get out.

and brett ur lucky

Old 04-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I know it isn't a problem around me, but if you are near more 'rough' neighbor hoods, many cops do that so that you cannot see where they are as they approach and keep it on you while they are talking to you so that they can make sure that you are not going to pull a gun on them. It gives them the extra time necessary to get out of the way. I believe this is something that they are instructed to do. You might have just found a rookie that does everything to a 'T'.

Quick Reply: got pulled over :(