General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got pulled over cause of Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road
Default Got pulled over cause of Projectors

Hey all, Im pritty new to the forums, havent really introduced myself yet. The name is Luis Im from Pottstown PA, Have a 99 Blazer 4 door 4x4. I want to thank all the people that helped me with my 4x4 problem. Was able to finally get to work again. Anyways about an hour ago I got pulled over. Thereason was because of my headlights. I just put a set of projectors on withsilverstarbulbs nothing with color.supposily all legal. The cop told me that they were illegal cause they were not factory and that its illegal to change factory parts. I showed him that they are dot approved and he said that its fake and whoever sold them to me lied to me. He also ended upsearching me and the truck, even brought out the dog. I guess putting 20" chromes on your car makes you a drug dealer. I was also dressed in my work suit.anyways they light up the road well, even better then stock.SO he told me I had to remove them. Well there is some good news I guess someone got shot when he was looking at my information and came running back to the truck and told me to replace the lightsor ill get a ticket next time and go. So do you guys think they are illegal? They are dot approved. either way they are not coming off.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Starting Member
tkf5651 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Got pulled over cause of Projectors

Im not positive about PA, but I doubt they are illegal if they are dot approved, that wouldnt make much sense. Count your blazers run in a success, I just got home from finding my Jimmy parked behind the shop with the cat, ac condenser, and battery stolen[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] **** i hate this city.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Bigtimefball87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Illegal to change factory parts? I guess I should be arrested for my custom tail lights.[&:]What a bunch of crap.

How did he end up searching you and the truck? Did you consent to a search? If you did, you should have told him no. The reason I tell you this is that you have every right to refuse a vehicular search unless he has a warrant. He even brought out the dog? You have to be kidding me.

Seriously, if changing out stock parts for custom ones were illegal, I guarantee that 98% of the members here would be paying fines for it. That's a load of crap. You won't be getting any tickets for custom parts.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way. I guess this particular officer is an expert on fake documents. I find it hard to believe that he could just look at a piece of paper saying the lights were dot approved and just say thatit's afake.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:00 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

ya by those laws i would have to remove my lift since it replaced a few factory parts. wow what a d!ck

Old 07-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

It is actually is illegal to moddify your truck in some areas. Just depends how moody the cop is and if the police department in lacking money!

you said you ahve 20' chrome rims? If you make your truck stand out, you will get noticed! even if it is by people you dont want to see you.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:25 AM

The cop came to me and asked me why i was sweating. I said its 90 degress out its a bit hot dont you think I was going to show him the temperture gaugein the blazer but he would of told me it was lieing. I didnt have anything to hide so i said yes to get him off my d***. I could just tell he was pulling sh** right out of his a**. I even showed him the dot stamp on the headlights and called it fake.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:29 AM

ORIGINAL: tkf5651

Im not positive about PA, but I doubt they are illegal if they are dot approved, that wouldnt make much sense. Count your blazers run in a success, I just got home from finding my Jimmy parked behind the shop with the cat, ac condenser, and battery stolen[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] **** i hate this city.

Man sorry about the truck....people with no respect for other peoples property.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:18 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Hmm. Click the picture thingy to see my post... BF is messing up on me again, lol.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/55D4B3D49333408FACFD4509039955A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-14-2008, 09:24 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that wasnt even a long post and it screwed up.. Sure will be glad when everythings all sorted out.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:30 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, well, I even tried posting a one line thing, and it didn't work without the image, lol.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over cause of Projectors