General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Haven't posted in awhile here is what I've been up to

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Haven't posted in awhile here is what I've been up to

Hey guys I haven't posted here in a long time regarding my truck so I figured since it is raining I might as well make a post with what I've been doing lately. After spending a lot of money on the Blazer I finally got it running at about 20mpg. That's with a full tune up plus some, changed the rear diff fluid + axle seals, transmission fluid, new water pump, thermostat and rad cap most recently plus a lot more I've got it all written down somewhere so if I ever sell the truck I'll have a list and all the receipts for the parts etc.

My stock plastic skidplate had a giant hole in it so I decided to make one out of sheet metal(obviously not the strongest but better then half a plastic one). This was very easy and it bolts on using factory bolts. I also removed the front valence at the same time but I may be putting that back on now. A few days ago I got my 2" shackles and P/A 2" body lift in so I went to town with those, I ended up having to cut out the leaf spring bushings and new ones will be in at the dealership tomorrow so hopefully I can get it all wrapped up then. I got the body lifted I just have to put the bumpers back on and maybe make some gap guards.

Very pleased with how everything turned out! The body mount bolts all came out with little to no trouble as did everything else, a few of the 1/2" bolts holding brake lines and whatnot down to the frame were hard to get at with a wrench but now there is lots of room For the front two body mounts I had to hook up my tow strap around the core support and VERY CAREFULLY move it about 1/4" so I could get the bolts through but it was suprisingly easy. I'll be sure to get lots of pictures tomorrow when I get the bushings in and shackles on and I can move it around, time for some new tires I don't know if I want to go with 31's or skinny 32's, don't think I will have a problem clearing either.

I want to thank everybody here for all the great info on our trucks, I may not post a lot but that's because I spend so much time searching! This was all done on a somewhat flat patio stone deck with hand tools, a half decent Motomaster service jack, jackstands and some 2x4's nailed together.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:09 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Haven't posted in awhile here is what I've been up to

Welcome back, Glad to hear all has been well with your blazer, be sure to post pics!

Old 08-19-2008, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Nice! Definitely going to need some pics though

And those front 2 mounts were mildly annoying...

Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Starting Member

Here's a couple teasers, just have to put the rear bumper and the front valence on but I think that will wait til tomorrow. Already have the rear bumper done just need a hand to put it on it's a pain in the butt even with two people lol. I will have it all done tomorrow maybe take a trip to the store to see if I can find some material to cover up the ugly gaps.

The explorer beside me also has 2" lift shackles and a mild 1" tbar crank. I've got a 2" body lift, 2" shackles and 1" tbar, soon to be 31 or 32's still debating.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old 08-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: Haven't posted in awhile here is what I'

And today she is done! For today anyways lol here are some more pics put the front valence back on and the rear bumper + hitch mounted.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice job... very nice truck!

Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Very nice. Just need bigger wheels. Black looks great when clean.