General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hello Everyone... Newby here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned
BlazerRat is on a distinguished road

I want to thank the admins and folk responsible for this fine forum. Been a lot of help to me with my 2002 Blazer. I've been "lurkin'" and "searchin'" a lot over the past several months. Found some gold.

I've done a lot a work to my ride and I'm gettin' to the sweet spot. Love this ride. I've totally rebuilt the front end (all Moog) including the control arm bushings, half shafts and front hub bearings. Put new shocks on it (Biltstiens sport but they jar my freakin' teeth out). Energy suspension sway bar bushings and end links. My sway bar is FAT (I'll check the exact size latter). Searched here and you all have skinny chit. Wtf? Special ordered mine from the Energy Suspension website.

This is a hello thread but l'd like to throw out some tech questions if I can?

I put a new front differential in and replaced the seals. Twice. They are leaking again. Is this indicative of a bad differential bearing? Has anyone here replaced a diff bearing. If so, what am I looking at? Easy,hard..? Help a brother out...

Also, my blazer set kind of high in the front when I bought it. I backed off the torsion bar bolts when I did the front end work. Helped some. But I'm wondering if the stiff Bilsteins or the torsion bars are causing my rough ride. Don't have a reference point on the torsion bars. How high is a stock blazer? I've backed off quite a bit but I'm afraid to go any farther without a reference point. Hey, alignments are expensive.

Well, anyway. Thanks Chevy bro's. We have a good thing here. I love the way this thing handles the snow.

No glamor boy ****. No chrome 20's. No thunderfrican subs. I work on my trucks. I make 'em right. I use them for work.

But anyway... this is some good chit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrrsLZaY9s

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-03-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

id like to do all these upgrades and more thanks for some more ideas....... and more to add to my list............