General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

help looking for rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Beginning Member
89jimmy22 is on a distinguished road
Default help looking for rear bumper

Hey guys Im new to the forum. I have a 1989 Gmc Jimmy. Im in the middle of redoing it and Im looking for a rear bumper w/o molding holes. I've looked everywhere, if you could help me it would be a big help... thanks Justin

Here is a pic before i started

Attached Thumbnails help looking for rear bumper-jimmy-22s.jpg  
Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Think it's been asked before and doesn't seem to be made. Get a stocker, weld and fill, send away to have chromed. Truck looks pretty clean.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i know i've come across a smooth rear bumper for the 1st gens in the past.............

call these guys to see if their listing has the holes or not.

also try these other guys.

i'm gonna call the local guys i deal with (i'm pretty sure it was through them that i got the smooth one last tie).

Old 08-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

Looks good. not sure about a smooth bumper, but have you considered a roll pan?

Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road

You're redoing the truck? That thing looks sweet, sweet color combo. I would say don't go with roll pan and stock with your idea of smooth bumper, proof have to just fill the holes of stock bumper. That truck looks sweet with that chrome bumper.Wha all are you doing to the truck?

Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Think it's been asked before and doesn't seem to be made. Get a stocker, weld and fill, send away to have chromed. Truck looks pretty clean.
I think thats the route im gonna go i cant find one anywhere..

Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i know i've come across a smooth rear bumper for the 1st gens in the past.............

call these guys to see if their listing has the holes or not.

also try these other guys.

i'm gonna call the local guys i deal with (i'm pretty sure it was through them that i got the smooth one last tie).
Thanks Ive tried both of them..people say they have them and ive ordered from those people and they have sent them and they were both wrong

Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
(i'm pretty sure it was through them that i got the smooth one last tie).

sorry brother, was super busy @ work today, didn't get a chance to call.

but i'll make a point of it on Thursday.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by sgp7679
You're redoing the truck? That thing looks sweet, sweet color combo. I would say don't go with roll pan and stock with your idea of smooth bumper, proof have to just fill the holes of stock bumper. That truck looks sweet with that chrome bumper.Wha all are you doing to the truck?
The reason why i am redoing the truck is because i use it for music. i cracked the roof and the door..the only way to fix the roof was to remove the wall so i figured i might as well change a few things up while it was apart..im filling in the emblem holes removing the moldings and doing it two tone using the same color scheme.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 PM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road

You cracked the actual metal roof or do you mean the headliner? And when you say wall do you mean side plastic or something?

Quick Reply: help looking for rear bumper