General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Help My Tail Light Search!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:53 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough
Default Help My Tail Light Search!

First off I would like to say hello to everyone in this forum, as this is my first post, and first topic!

I recently have decided I am in the market for some new tail lights. I am looking for a set of LED lights, with a black housing.

I own a Black 03' ZR2 Blazer.

I have scoured the internet in search of these lights, but no one seems to make them for a Blazer. To give you a better idea of what I am searching for: https://www.matrixracing.com/p-15997...oke-sonar.aspx

I am looking for that exact style, or close too.

So here's where you come in! I would be very grateful if anyone could give me a website, or store that sells them. I would also like to know if there are any other GM or Chevy vehicles made in 03' that use the same tail lights as the Blazer, so I could broaden my search.

Thanks for all your help!

Old 07-05-2009, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Ebay would probably have some similar lights, I wouldn't really trust the LEDs though... I bought some signal lights off of their but they're just housings, I put GE bulbs in. I've seen some nice lights with black housings, smoked or clear.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 PM

Does anyone know if the lights linked above will fit? They look very close to the 03' Blazer shape. But I assume they would be close but no cigar.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. I just compared the Blazer ones side-by-side and they definitely have differences.

Last edited by RangerG; 07-05-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The ones linked to in your first post are for the fullsize trucks only and will not fit the s-series.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I know its not the same, but my suggestion is get some euro smoked tails and some v-led bulbs. hope it helps.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:20 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Get some black lights! I goy mine off e-bay.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Get some black lights! I goy mine off e-bay.
Do you have some pictures of yours that I could see? Or did you get smoked out covers for them?

I'm not able to do anything illegal with my truck, if it's the latter.

Edit:
I may have to tread down the euro light trail. I really don't like the look compared to the LED ones, but ones with black housings may look better than stock.

I found some euro lights with black housings and clear lights that I don't mind, but clear lights are illegal for tail lights, am I correct?

Edit X2: I finally found and received a set of Tail Lights that I like. Now all I need is some bulbs to go in them! I am looking at these ones here: 3157 RED 24-LED Bulb Brake 3057 3357 3457 3056 3156 12v on eBay.ca (item 380131755726 end time 15-Aug-09 19:15:16 EDT)

Does anyone have any experience with these kind of bulbs? Also, do these ones look trustworthy to you?

Last edited by RangerG; 07-23-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:50 PM

Bump!

I hate to double post, and know it's against the rules, but I dont see how to dig this thread out from under all the others!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have LED bulbs in my blazer. I purchased some off ebay but they ended up slightly melting the inside of my clear lights. I purchase my bulbs from Pepboys. They are clear LED's that light up red, the downside is that the bulbs are costly. I believe $9.99 for just one and you would end up needing 4. But they work great, light up bright and don't melt the inside of the light.
Just beware of cheap bulbs.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by megaroos_00
I have LED bulbs in my blazer. I purchased some off ebay but they ended up slightly melting the inside of my clear lights. I purchase my bulbs from Pepboys. They are clear LED's that light up red, the downside is that the bulbs are costly. I believe $9.99 for just one and you would end up needing 4. But they work great, light up bright and don't melt the inside of the light.
Just beware of cheap bulbs.
When you got your LED bulbs did you have to change the blinker or anything? It says on the ebay page for the LED's that the blinker will sometimes not work. Has this been an issue for anyone?

Quick Reply: Help My Tail Light Search!