General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Help My Tail Light Search!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:08 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
Do you have some pictures of yours that I could see? Or did you get smoked out covers for them?

I'm not able to do anything illegal with my truck, if it's the latter.

Edit:
I may have to tread down the euro light trail. I really don't like the look compared to the LED ones, but ones with black housings may look better than stock.

I found some euro lights with black housings and clear lights that I don't mind, but clear lights are illegal for tail lights, am I correct?

Edit X2: I finally found and received a set of Tail Lights that I like. Now all I need is some bulbs to go in them! I am looking at these ones here: 3157 RED 24-LED Bulb Brake 3057 3357 3457 3056 3156 12v on eBay.ca (item 380131755726 end time 15-Aug-09 19:15:16 EDT)

Does anyone have any experience with these kind of bulbs? Also, do these ones look trustworthy to you?

Check out my album.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RangerG
When you got your LED bulbs did you have to change the blinker or anything? It says on the ebay page for the LED's that the blinker will sometimes not work. Has this been an issue for anyone?
I did have to change out a fuse in my glove box for the turn signals, but it was called a electronic flasher that I also purchased at Pepboys. (I sound like an advertisement or something for them lol) They were blinking very fast when I put the LEDs in but updating the thermal flasher to an electronic one corrected that. I believe that it was in a post of mine, someone let me know.

This is the link
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/hyperblinking-taillights-17561/

Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by megaroos_00
I did have to change out a fuse in my glove box for the turn signals, but it was called a electronic flasher that I also purchased at Pepboys. (I sound like an advertisement or something for them lol) They were blinking very fast when I put the LEDs in but updating the thermal flasher to an electronic one corrected that. I believe that it was in a post of mine, someone let me know.

This is the link
https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17561
Ah, this is what I feared. That was the fix the the Ebay site mentioned I may have to do. I am almost positive now that I'll have to do this, but I will have to wait for my LED's and see.

The Tail lights that I bought also only came with 2 bulbs, where I need 4.

Thanks for the help!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

The change was really nothing, it took me all of two minutes to fix so it really was no biggie.
BTW my lights came with two bulbs also, I have no clue why they send two when you need four?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by megaroos_00
The change was really nothing, it took me all of two minutes to fix so it really was no biggie.
BTW my lights came with two bulbs also, I have no clue why they send two when you need four?
Ya, you would think they would know how the lights in the Blazer work. 2 bulbs come on when I brake and signal.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM

Well the LED lights finally arrived yesterday so I installed the lights. My neighbor who is a mechanic, and Blazer owner assured me that having the LED's without the flasher for a couple days won't hurt anything.

Woke up today and went to start it to go to work. It wont start. I never left a single light on in it over night, so I dont see how the battery can be dead.

When I try to start it the engine clunks a little and a couple of lights flash on and off, including the transmission light. It doesn't really come on, it just flickers.

Not sure whats wrong with it, I'll have to get my neighbor to take a look at it once he gets home.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Thanks for everyone's help on this! I got a new battery and the tail lights are now on and running!!

Pics are on my profile for anyone interested.

Last edited by RangerG; 08-12-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:34 PM

Ouch, this hurts. Now that I have my lights all installed and finished, they decide to come out for LED tail lights for the Blazer.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/95-00-01-02-03-04...d=p3286.c0.m14

I really regret looking on ebay. I like my clear reflectors better, but the built in LED's would look so much better than mine.