General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Help with a rear door hatch

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 05:29 PM
blazereh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with a rear door hatch

I tow a trailer for work and the other day as I was hooking up on a hill it popped off, shot forward, and dented my rear bumper and rear door. The dent is pretty substantial as you can see in the pics, although some friends think I could pound it out, bondo it, and at least make it look "good". I'm not fussy as the Blazer is older and has given me its best years. However I'd like to clean up the unsightliness of the accident if possible. I see my options as either A) find a replacement rear door and bumper or B) take it off, pound it out, bondo and paint it.

Money is a factor, as I'm not keen to spend a huge sum. I'm just concerned with the appearance and want to clean it up some.

Does anyone have any advice? Much appreciated in advance!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Help with a rear door hatch

You will probably spend less finding a tailgate and rear bumper from the junkyard than you will metal working that out and then bodywork and paint. You should be able to find either of those for a reasonable price.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Help with a rear door hatch

Ouch!