General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Her last ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 01:00 PM
Cherry Bomb is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Her last ride

Sorry guys, Bad news. Another original stock Chevy Blazer bites the dust.

She's being towed and turned into a box by tomorrow.

Too bad the original owner only cared about new tires, tinted windows and radios than he did about valves, gaskets, exhaust, brakes and suspension.

It's a crying shame.

Last edited by Cherry Bomb; 05-07-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

What's its symptoms? It looks good from here.

Old 05-07-2021, 08:57 PM
Cherry Bomb is on a distinguished road

Well, like I said the previous owner only cared about appearances. Literally, you are looking at thousands and thousands of dollars worth of work in parts and labor. There were only 10% left on the brakes. That alone would total the truck. New brakes and rotors all around. The battery would not take a load. There were leaks everywhere. The suspension, the bearings, the alignment, the dif, the trans, everything was completely gone to hell and needed to be rebuilt. There was a lot of play in the steering. The mechanic put her up on the lift and the tires all bent inward from lack of gravity. Like some cartoon car. There was wear on all the new tires, on the inside. Brake light. ABS light. Check engine light. Sensors going haywire. Windshield wipers only worked on high, rear wiper was locked up. Drivers side window motor was giving out. No AC.

All from years and years of neglect.

I only owned her for a couple weeks. It's a shame because thees trucks were so much fun back when I was a kid.

Last edited by Cherry Bomb; 05-07-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:25 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cherry Bomb
Well, like I said the previous owner only cared about appearances. Literally, you are looking at thousands and thousands of dollars worth of work in parts and labor. There were only 10% left on the brakes. That alone would total the truck. New brakes and rotors all around. The battery would not take a load. There were leaks everywhere. The suspension, the bearings, the alignment, the dif, the trans, everything was completely gone to hell and needed to be rebuilt. There was a lot of play in the steering. The mechanic put her up on the lift and the tires all bent inward from lack of gravity. Like some cartoon car. There was wear on all the new tires, on the inside. Brake light. ABS light. Check engine light. Sensors going haywire. Windshield wipers only worked on high, rear wiper was locked up. Drivers side window motor was giving out. No AC.

All from years and years of neglect.

I only owned her for a couple weeks. It's a shame because thees trucks were so much fun back when I was a kid.
oof
kinda where im at with my rig minus all the lights and mechanical problems (except tranny, its doing some w e i r d stuff recently). i also have no AC, windows work fine, Rear wiper locks itself right off the peg unless i smack it, front doesnt work at all and i actually took the wiper blades off the front months ago and nobody noticed yet lol. that truck sounds like it was just beat on and beat on and beat on day in and day out for an eternity, RIP.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:15 AM
Beginning Member
Theblazomatic2 is on a distinguished road

I refuse to get rid of my blazer. It will continually get rebuilt until the day I die. No blazer deserves to be thrown away, it’s just not right. I saw a video where a guy cut one up and made an off-road toy. Yeah alright your re purposing it, but still how could you destroy such beauty?

my blazer is special lol. It’s a blue color not sky blue, it’s a rare color. I have only ever seen one other blazer the same color.

Old 05-21-2021, 08:04 AM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

This is my Blazer. There are many like it, but this one is mine.My Blazer is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my Blazer is useless. Without my Blazer, I am useless. I must drive my Blazer true. I must drive better than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must kill him before he kills me. I will ...

My Blazer and I know that what counts in life is not the miles we drive, the noise of our exhaust system, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the memories that count. We will drive ...

My Blazer is human, even as I [am human], because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its engine and its transmission. I will keep my Blazer clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will ...

Before God, I swear this creed. My Blazer and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:23 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Preach!!!

Old 05-21-2021, 12:54 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
This is my Blazer. There are many like it, but this one is mine.My Blazer is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my Blazer is useless. Without my Blazer, I am useless. I must drive my Blazer true. I must drive better than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must kill him before he kills me. I will ...

My Blazer and I know that what counts in life is not the miles we drive, the noise of our exhaust system, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the memories that count. We will drive ...

My Blazer is human, even as I [am human], because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its engine and its transmission. I will keep my Blazer clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will ...

Before God, I swear this creed. My Blazer and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.