General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

HID Projector's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 05:58 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

4500k - 6000k is the range for optimal brightness for HIDs.
I've got 5000k, and they are bright white with a slight blue tint. I like the slight blue because they look stock.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:08 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

yeah, i just chose the blue because im trying to keep a blue/ black kind of theme to my car.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:09 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough
Default high beam position

Hey guys just looking either switching to projectors and or hid but i had a quick question. Is the projector for the high or the low beam? I know the high beams are the inner lights and the low beams are the outer ones (which in aftermarket lights the projector is). The only reason i ask is i know my outer lights are the daytime running lamps, but i see several blazers out there with the inner lights as the daytime running lamps. Is this just as simple as some different year models using the high beams as daytime running lamps?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by streblo
Hey guys just looking either switching to projectors and or hid but i had a quick question. Is the projector for the high or the low beam? I know the high beams are the inner lights and the low beams are the outer ones (which in aftermarket lights the projector is). The only reason i ask is i know my outer lights are the daytime running lamps, but i see several blazers out there with the inner lights as the daytime running lamps. Is this just as simple as some different year models using the high beams as daytime running lamps?
The projectors are normally on the low beams....

My set fit perfectly, but were of poor quality and the mounting broke after about 4-5 months of driving...

My current HID kit is simple as plug and play... And I love it... But I am at a loss I got 10K or 12K I cant remember.. lol....

Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by streblo
Looking at the lights head on, the outer ones are the lows and the inner ones (closest to the grille) are the high beams. I think you have it backwards.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Don't buy a 9006 kit!!! I think most Ebay projectors take H1 HID bulbs in the projector and 9005 in the high beam. At least mine does.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:32 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
Looking at the lights head on, the outer ones are the lows and the inner ones (closest to the grille) are the high beams. I think you have it backwards.
I think his problem is that his low beams are always on. The sensor in his passenger side dash speaker is either bad or unplugged. The sensor will cause the low beams to do that. - Hope that helps

Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rob44_90
Don't buy a 9006 kit!!! I think most Ebay projectors take H1 HID bulbs in the projector and 9005 in the high beam. At least mine does.

Yea, my kit has the tiny H1 bulb... and is bulbous behind it almost making it not fit....

Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Mine, oddly enough takes both 9005 bulbs.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

yes i thought the projector was the low beam.....odd, my low beams are the daytime running lamps.....model year 2000..sensor on the dash is fine as taillights are off during the day as well as dash interior lights.....are most guys daytime running lamps the high beams??

Quick Reply: HID Projector's?