Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   HID's came in the mail!!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/hids-came-mail-19498/)

drperry 04-19-2008 11:22 AM

RE: just won hid kit on ebay!!!

Perfectly clear bulb glass vs. bulb glass with a coating on it... ;)

Want me to use just one projector, or both?

[sm=roll.gif]

thegr81 04-19-2008 11:27 AM

LOL use both, I want to see a straight up comparison cause if yours are brighter then mine I am going to see if my buddy will swap them out for yours!! ;)

drperry 04-19-2008 11:29 AM

I'll see if I can get that to work... Currently they're not actually installed in the housings yet...

Who knows, maybe my one will be enough ;):D

thegr81 04-19-2008 11:56 AM

LOL mine went in without modding my housing took 10mins to fully install them in mine and thats including mounting the ballasts!!

drperry 04-19-2008 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: thegr81

LOL mine went in without modding my housing took 10mins to fully install them in mine and thats including mounting the ballasts!!
Mine isn't a PnP kit... It's a proper retrofit for HID usage :D

I went 5000k for my cheapo PnP kit for my halogen projectors that came with my ebay lights... Man is that ugly compared to OEM ;)

Don't worry, I'm doing one at a time, so you'll be able to see how much better it is to get it done right :D
[sm=lildevil.gif]

thegr81 04-19-2008 12:43 PM

LOL ok I do consider you the king of accessory lighting I can't wait to see how ours compare!!

drperry 04-19-2008 12:56 PM

I call dibs on winning :p lol

davtak 04-19-2008 01:29 PM

I bought a wire harness on ebay and they give you full instructions on how to wire it in to the factory so the seitch work and the battery. It also has it's own fuse in the line too. it was only 5 bucks and 20 bucks for shipping. You think thats a rip or what lol. 20 bucks to ship a harness, put it in an envelope and call it a day, jeez!

thegr81 04-19-2008 03:14 PM

Yea huh well the kit I got has the adapters to plug directly in to your factory wiring harness no splicing of anything!!

drperry 04-19-2008 05:18 PM

The harness is a whole lot safer, though...

The factory wiring is NOT the best thing for the initial start up charge... Which can spike at more than 20 amps per ballast.
Usually much higher... But there isn't really much in the way of affordable ammeters or multimeters that can catch them above that 20.

thegr81 04-19-2008 07:03 PM

I have had mine for over two weeks now without a problem and no color change at all!! :DSo I can't wait to see how ours compare it will be nice to know how all ours compare to one another!! :D

drperry 04-20-2008 02:24 AM

It might work well now or even for a goodly long while... But it's still better to make a harness for it.

And sometimes color shifting can take upwards of 100 - 150 hours.

davtak 04-20-2008 08:58 AM

I hopefully will get them before next monday or tuesday since that is when I am going ga-ga and doing all kinds of stuff including rewireing the lights through the grommet in the floor and changing the fogs to the back on the roof rack and detailing the truck from front to back cleaning up my spit take I did with coffee a while back (I posted about it if anyone remembers).

drperry 04-20-2008 02:28 PM

I remember the spit take, lol.

But why're you putting fog lights on the roof rack? lol

davtak 04-21-2008 09:56 AM

I am putting them underneath the rear crossbar because of an idea I remembered that I got from..........uh...............um............you!: D

I am going to take off the roof rack to paint it next week if we have a nice day with no rain and drill four holes for some lights on the front crossbar and while it's off I am going to put them there and wire them into the reverse lights.

drperry 04-21-2008 10:06 AM

Right! I forgot your lights actually fit there! lol :D

Don't forget to take pics!

davtak 04-21-2008 12:51 PM

Right-O! It won't be until next tuesday so don't get your tighties in a bunch:D

davtak 04-24-2008 08:52 AM

BUMP! Got the harness in the mail the other day and might I add, this thing is beautiess! It's a much better job than I could have done. It has the hookups and everything already attached. COOL! I am going to install the HID's either monday or tuesday, whichever day is nicer outside and not too hot.

drperry 04-24-2008 03:53 PM

Sweet. Now you don't have to worry about melting your wiring :D

EuroGoldLS 04-24-2008 04:32 PM

Sweet! Can't wait to see them!