Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   HID's came in the mail!!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/hids-came-mail-19498/)

lennyblazer 04-17-2008 09:19 PM

RE: just won hid kit on ebay!!!

UL just means that they are found to meet certain standards set in the industry for electrical items (christmas lights to TVs to appliances (anything electronic)). Just means it has been approved as a safe electronic device.

Wikipedia Article:
" Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) is a U.S. not-for-profit, privately owned and operated product safety testing and certification organization. Based in Northbrook, Illinois, UL develops standards and test procedures for products, materials, components, assemblies, tools and equipment, chiefly dealing with product safety. UL also evaluates and certifies the efficiency of a company’s business processes through its management system registration programs. Additionally, UL analyzes drinking and other clean water samples through its drinking water laboratory in South Bend, Indiana. UL is one of several companies approved for such testing by the U.S. federal agency OSHA. OSHA maintains a list of approved testing laboratories, known as Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories."

swartlkk 04-17-2008 09:34 PM

Trust me when I say this. I hope that NONE of you ever have to go through a UL or CSA certification process! I was just getting into it when the engineering department was restructured, after which it was no longer my responsibility. Man was that a HUGE sigh of relief!!

thegr81 04-18-2008 06:43 PM

I just picked up and installed 8k hid's which are brighter then 6k and clearer too. I didn't need any extra wiring it was all plug and play, took 10 minutes to install and they make night into day I tell you!!! I got mine sponsored to me, so I got mine for free!! :D

davtak 04-18-2008 09:55 PM

Good deal gr81. I am just going to plug them in the way they tell me. I don't want to risk messing them up. These are the same way. I just plug in the stock harness into the opening and it relays it through to the new harness with the hid bulb. I wish I had a sponsorship so I could get stuff for free[&o]

thegr81 04-18-2008 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: davtak

Good deal gr81. I am just going to plug them in the way they tell me. I don't want to risk messing them up. These are the same way. I just plug in the stock harness into the opening and it relays it through to the new harness with the hid bulb. I wish I had a sponsorship so I could get stuff for free[&o]
Word of advice the ballasts mount nicely under the headlights in the center section of the grille, cause there is an opening behind the chrome crossbar that the ballasts can fit in then mount it to it with a self tapping screw thats what I did.

Sponsorship has its ups and downs, you just have to do alot in order to start getting stuff!! So basically if you are an offroad lifted guy I will tell you now its harder for you to get any sponsorships unless you go all out, I got lucky cause my friend has his own business and we been friends for 10yrs so thats how I am getting my stuff for free!! ( alot of back scratching and promotion help)

EuroGoldLS 04-18-2008 10:33 PM

You could also mount them like this so they get plenty of cooldown:

https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/...o/105_0076.jpg

Your HIDs make the headlight covers a lot more bearable don't they?

thegr81 04-18-2008 11:05 PM

I haven't tried putting the headlight covers on yet at night, I will have to try that and see how they work with them on, and if there bright enough I will just keep them on!! That was my only problem with them is that they are so dark you can't see the headlights out in front of you very well at all!!

djdrew010 04-19-2008 12:17 AM

here is a link on a vw forum that i came across when I was looking into the H.I.D.'s
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2632686

drperry 04-19-2008 04:19 AM

ORIGINAL: thegr81

I just picked up and installed 8k hid's which are brighter then 6k and clearer too. I didn't need any extra wiring it was all plug and play, took 10 minutes to install and they make night into day I tell you!!! I got mine sponsored to me, so I got mine for free!! :D
It's physically impossible for 8000k to be brighter. To get that color temp, they put a coating on the bulb, which reduces light output. ;)

It just LOOKS brighter because it's making your eyes work a lot harder.

The bluer the light gets the harder it is on your eyes. Blue is the hardest for our eyes to work with.

For the most light output, you want 4300k.

8000k is also more prone to glare due to its easy refractive nature.

thegr81 04-19-2008 09:37 AM

Well when I installed my hid's my buddy who I got them from has 4300 in his frontier and we went and compared them and mine lit up the area more then his. Maybe its what we thought and were wrong but thats what it seemed like when we compared each others! Either way you look at it hid's are sweet!!:D