General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

high miles and still kicking

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:44 PM
fasteddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default high miles and still kicking

While doing a search to figure out why my headlights flicker I found this site. Thought I would state that my 95 has 254 thousand miles and it is still buzzing along. I fear it wont last much longer but it has been a great ride!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: high miles and still kicking

I love reading post like this! My 96 has 145,000 and when I read post like this I feel like my truck is still a baby!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:08 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the Forum. We all like to read posts like this one! Anything to report in the way of maintenance that you can attribute your good fortune to? Tell us a bit more about your truck.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM

well I would say I will hit 300k if I take it easy. I have not changed the timing chain so I am on borrowed time I am sure. My mechanic said he hears a rumble in the low end and said to take it easy. I have replaced the fuel injector "Spider" that was easy. Brake Booster, and a few other small items. The ac clutch bearing makes a noise but it works great so I will ride that out as long as I can. I have carbon issues that mess up the egr valve so I use a gasket with a screen now. My wife had this truck first and when she bought a new Buick rendezvous they offered $1500 trade in because it had 145k miles - - I kept it. (my driveway will NEVER see another Buick - one nightmare after another)
I have been car shopping but I am not real fond of the new trailblazers....

Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 PM

I just snapped this photo not too shabby for the miles - dew is setting in here in Florida. I also have an 89 Vette that keeps my knuckles bloody and my sockets spinning.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

[sm=welcomesign.gif]to the Forum. We all like to read posts like this one! Anything to report in the way of maintenance that you can attribute your good fortune to? Tell us a bit more about your truck.
No real "tricks".... regular oil changes. I do not run it hard - never have. I think one big reason is the Vortec v-6 IMO that is one of the best motors of any make or model out there. I have had 14 (yes fourteen) people in it at one time. We were in New Orleans headed to the french quarter from an Airport hotel and the college prank cramming was way better than 3 taxis....