General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hmm...offered a chevelle for the blazer...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

i sold my 71 ss chevelle back when i was 19 to get a slammed blazer..

It was the worst choice of my life..

I think you should go for it if its is decent shape.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Somebody beat me to it, but I was going to bring up the fact that you will probably get better gas mileage than your blazer lol.

But yeah, hopefully this barn is made out of some industrial strength material. Of course, I've always liked the Chevelle and other classic Chevy's and hope to own one a little later in life.

Good luck to ya on this Chevelle man!

Old 02-19-2012, 12:35 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I dunno about that mileage... I had a 76 Grand Prix and only got literally 8 MPG. My 84 and 85 Grand Prix's got about 14ish.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
I dunno about that mileage... I had a 76 Grand Prix and only got literally 8 MPG. My 84 and 85 Grand Prix's got about 14ish.
the 70's were when they started passing all the bs emissions laws. Also more has to do with the condition of the car back then. I know in the emissions era the controls and what not not only killed power but oddly enough also mpg's.

I had a suburban that got 6 mpg or 3 mog if you drove with some throttle. THe runnign joke was we called it teh tank. a 60 ton m1a1 tank gets approx 1mpg...

Old 02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Chris, unless that thing was occasionally started and run, you'd better find something as a daily driver till you go all the way through it.
START with taking a 1/2 inch socket set and breaker and see if you can turn the engine over. Liable to be 'stuck' with cyl rust unless it was top-dressed.
Even then it's a couple month project. I hate to put negatives out ther but you have to expect anything and everything to go wrong.

all brake cyls
brake lines, maybe
all rubber, belts and hoses.
wiring. - mice rats barn

Even head gaskets go bad cuz they dont like inaction and rust in key areas.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

He dose have a daily driver a dodge pickup gas guzzler haha

sorry buddy had to say it =P

Old 02-19-2012, 04:23 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

haha...eh well...Im somewhat attached to my blazer. its gonna have to be somewhat nice to get me to do it...

Whats a chevelle worth if its got the title etc and in ok shape?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Beginning Member
Mike7075 is on a distinguished road

Value is in the eye of the beholder...especially in this economy. You can find a '67 Chevelle for anywhere from $5K or less to $50K for an all original, numbers matching Super Sport. 1970 is typically the most desired years with these cars, so '67's go for a little less in same condition. A 283 powered Chevelle isn't the most desired thing out there, so I wouldn't plan on trying to make a bunch of money off of it if it's fixed up. The hotter small block those years were a 327. Just use your best judgement, do some internet research, and check everything out on it. Don't just go by how the paint looks... it can hide many flaws. Check the floor and trunk pans for rusted out holes, check the frame especially in the rear axle area, and consider how complete the car is. If it's missing trim, emblems, or interior pieces, those can cost a lot to replace. Not the best choice if considering this as a daily driver...you might consider getting another cheap vehicle to drive while working on the Chevelle.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road

tell ya what. ill send him a blazer for the chevelle all day.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

I've got a great idea. If you have somethng else to drive for a little while and someone to front you several hundred bucks, do the body lift to end all body lifts:

Find a rollover second gen, pull the body off the frame, and do a restomod: Mount the Chevelle on the Blazer frame.
Best of both worlds and plenty room for that 350 you always wanted. Wheelbase ought to be close,, everything else is solvable.

Quick Reply: Hmm...offered a chevelle for the blazer...