General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hooray for me Billy!! Hooray for ME!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Beginning Member
mtsumedi is on a distinguished road
Default Hooray for me Billy!! Hooray for ME!

I bought my Blazer (97 LS 2dr 4wd) a week and a half ago and have replaced all ball bearings, all tie rod ends, front shocks, and idler arm. I then got the alignment done. Today I dropped the pan and replaced the 3-2 shift solenoid (code popped up a few days ago) and put a new trans filter in. Took a small trip today and it rides and drives much better. Still has some vibration that needs to be addressed though.

Next up:
Replace transer case vacuum switch
Replace AC compressor (leaky)
Replace heater core (I know it's a bear)

I'll post up pics tomorrow.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

im Billy....

Old 10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lmao nice lorton... sounds like you're having fun with this one mtsumedi, good luck with the future prodjects

Old 10-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by oktain
lmao nice lorton... sounds like you're having fun with this one mtsumedi, good luck with the future prodjects
You know, every time I take a wrench to the damn thing I cuss a lot and say how much I hate cars and working on them. By the time I'm done I have this awesome feeling of accomplishment and the truck shows it by driving better and it's not so bad anymore.

I got a pretty decent deal on it and I love how easy the parts are to find and how cheap they are. Being a back yard mechanic it really means a lot to be able to find inexpensive parts.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Beginning Member

Here's a couple of pics: