General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Feeler... Buying a "cheap 98+ blazer"

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Feeler... Buying a "cheap 98+ blazer"

So, waiting for the insurance adjuster I decided to possibly take on the task of buying a used blazer with engine or trans problems and using what I need and then possibly selling the extra parts on here, although I have no experience shipping stuff and what not... I would pretty much take the entire front from windshield on...

Would anyone be interested in parts? I figured that I could buy one from 1000-2000 in the area and pretty much strip it down and try to distribute to you guys to make up some of the cost, but me being me I wouldnt know how much to charge for anything... so it could be some pretty great deals,

I am making this thread to get a feel for anyone who would be interested, will have more details tomorrow depending on what the adjuster says....

Right now I found a 1800 98 4x4 4dr with a tailgate style back and tan interior

Old 10-19-2009, 06:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I would definitely be interested. I'm in need of a MAF sensor (if yours is still in tact) and I wouldn't mind having the encoder motor off it either if it's a 4x4.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:38 AM
DriftinBlzr is on a distinguished road

Just to clarify you are wanting to insure a Blazer that you won't be driving and are going to part out, right?

Later, Doug

Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DriftinBlzr
Just to clarify you are wanting to insure a Blazer that you won't be driving and are going to part out, right?

Later, Doug
No...he's going to buy a cheap blazer, strip it for parts for his Blazer (hit a deer...needs a new front end) and then part out what is left on the cheap Blazer.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 AM
BF Veteran

That is correct Sisk...

Old 10-19-2009, 01:07 PM
DriftinBlzr is on a distinguished road

Oh, OK. The wording was a little misleading.

Later, Doug

Old 10-19-2009, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

what kind of rims ya got?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran

I like my tear drops... if it totals... im keepign them