General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How to disable your auto lights in 4 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:02 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Mine doesn't, I'm waiting on some resistors to do it the "hard" way.
i was gonna point you in the direction of a thread another Canadian member that listed this info, but i can't find it right now.

maybe NAVANZEE would be so kind to fill us in?..............

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
it wouldnt work in my 99. I can set the parking brake one click and it will work though. The over ride button will only work till you turn the key off though. Then you have to do it again. I put a resister in place of the sensor so they will always be off.

well, how about it? i do know that i need a different resistor on my '98, from '99+ they're a little higher resistance (from what i remember).

Originally Posted by rriddle3
IIRC, the DRL idea came about because of vehicles sold in Canada. Thanks a heapload, Alex!
tell me about it! i always drive with my HL's on anyways, but the Autolight feature is a PITA, royally! i'd like to be able to "flash" my lights on & off to comunicate with other drivers, and not have to resort to using my HB @ night. during the day it's ok, 'cause the DRL's just come on when i switch the HL's on/off-unless it's really overcast.

i've also heard that you can bend on of the pins on the relay under the hood, but again, i can't find the thread i was reading.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:13 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i was gonna point you in the direction of a thread another Canadian member that listed this info, but i can't find it right now.

maybe NAVANZEE would be so kind to fill us in?..............
well, how about it? i do know that i need a different resistor on my '98, from '99+ they're a little higher resistance (from what i remember).]
I have the write up saved on my computer lol. Its easy as hell lol. and I have a 2.2k ohm and I think you need a 680 ohm. I'm quite sure thats what it is.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

I have a canadian 2004 blazer and i used a 2.2 k ohm resistor . Just take the passenger side dash speaker cover off and unplug the wiring from the sensor and bend the two wires of the resistor into a U shape and stick them into the plug that you unplugged from the sensor, put a piece of tape to hold it in and its done. No more auto headlights

Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I have the write up saved on my computer lol. Its easy as hell lol. and I have a 2.2k ohm and I think you need a 680 ohm. I'm quite sure thats what it is.
yeah, that's the size! all i could remember was that the '99+ trucks needed the 2.2K ohm resistor, but had a total mind fart regarding my own truck, figures!

and drgonzo, i know where the sensor is, i just couldn't remember what size was needed with my odd-ball year. but thanks anyways.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM
NOs
Beginning Member
NOs is on a distinguished road

I was thinking that if you could find your DRL ( Daytime Running Light ) module & unplug or disable it then you wouldn't have to go out & buy resistors or do other tricks. However, It was around 1990 that Canada made DRL law on all vehicles for safety reasons & so if it is a 1990 or later then these lights must work. Not sure about different laws in the US - Is there any states or counties requiring this ?

Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 PM
BF Guru

^^^ ummm.............we're talking about the Autolight feature (as an option) found on some trucks, not the DRL's.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 AM
GMJimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by argon929
mines a 99 and the trick dont work
It works in both my brother's 1999, and my 2000. And I hate that my DRLs turn off with my turn indicator.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:35 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by GMJimmy
It works in both my brother's 1999, and my 2000. And I hate that my DRLs turn off with my turn indicator.

really? i've never seen that feature before, must be something special to the Jimmy's.

i think it's a great feature, since it turns off the damn HB bulb so on coming traffic can actually see that you're making a turn (alot of Dodge/Chrysler products have this, as well as some Imports). very useful if you're making a left across traffic.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

my 98 has auto HL's so the dome override doesnt work, i tried ALOT

Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Starting Member
Buck731 is on a distinguished road

some of my friends have Blazers. 2 have 99's (One LS and one LT), I have my 2000 LT, and a few with 2001's ( two LS and one LT). Its seems that it is working on all of our LT's...but none of my buddies LS's works....just an observation of mine

Quick Reply: How to disable your auto lights in 4 seconds