General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How to get gas out

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 03:39 PM
San
San is on a distinguished road
Default How to get gas out

I have a 2003 Chevy S10 Blazer. I had just filled up my tank and my transmission went out. How can I get my gas out. The easiest way possible with limited tools please ty. Keep in mind I am a female with little knowledge of " how to" lol

Old 05-05-2019, 04:27 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Take either the fuel filter off, or the pressure side of the fuel pump, and use rubber hose to run into a gas can. Jump the pump off, and let it run till its dry.

On my 95 there's a terminal under the hood I can jump to 12v, on the later ones, I think it's on the fuse panel, maybe? I've seen it mentioned here before. Maybe in a fuel pressure thread

Old 05-05-2019, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Take either the fuel filter off, or the pressure side of the fuel pump, and use rubber hose to run into a gas can. Jump the pump off, and let it run till its dry.

On my 95 there's a terminal under the hood I can jump to 12v, on the later ones, I think it's on the fuse panel, maybe? I've seen it mentioned here before. Maybe in a fuel pressure thread
Better yet, take the valve core out of the pressure test port under the hood and put a piece of fuel hose on that. Then jump the fuel pump test terminal in the underhood fuse box.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Tom A
Better yet, take the valve core out of the pressure test port under the hood and put a piece of fuel hose on that. Then jump the fuel pump test terminal in the underhood fuse box.
You can do that?! Lol why didn't I know this, with as many times as I've drained my tank?

Old 05-10-2019, 09:33 AM
San
Default Easiest way by far to get gas out of 2003 or newer

I discovered that you don't need any tools at all. You don't have to take anything apart or even hook anything up to it. I cut a hose from an old washer and went to Walmart in the fish area and got a hose for the filter pump. Size a little smaller than your pinky. I got the 25 ft but it was way to much. Fyi lol just push the larger hose until you feel it push through the trap then stick the smaller one inside the big one and push it about a ft longer than the big hose. Blow and see if you hear gas bubbling then suck the smaller hose. It doesn't taste good and it's not a quick drain process but it does work. No tools needed at all.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by San
I discovered that you don't need any tools at all. You don't have to take anything apart or even hook anything up to it. I cut a hose from an old washer and went to Walmart in the fish area and got a hose for the filter pump. Size a little smaller than your pinky. I got the 25 ft but it was way to much. Fyi lol just push the larger hose until you feel it push through the trap then stick the smaller one inside the big one and push it about a ft longer than the big hose. Blow and see if you hear gas bubbling then suck the smaller hose. It doesn't taste good and it's not a quick drain process but it does work. No tools needed at all.

You were able to siphon it out through the filler neck? On my 95, there's no trap at the filler door. Instead, at the bottom of the filler hose, right before it goes into the tank, there is a green plastic ball, just slightly smaller than the ID of the filler hose. Held in place with four metal tabs. There's plenty of room between the ball and inside of the filler hose for liquid gas to flow, but not enough for a siphon hose. Always figured it was to prevent hoodlums from stealing your gas.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:55 PM
San

Yes I guess that's why the flexable tube that I got at Walmart worked. It's small and flexable enough to get in the tank. It's not any bigger than my pinky but I had to first put the bigger hose in and put the little one through the bigger one. I got the idea from a YouTube video of how to get gas out of newer cars. They had a more advanced machine that had a motor thing with it like an air pump kinda. But like I said the way I did it wasnt quick by any means. Lol