General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I am fianally out of the desert.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Beginning Member
stsrus is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back and Thank you

Old 09-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

Being here in Kuwait, Ive had alot of opportunity to get to know Arabs...
Kuwait is a melting pot of Syrians, Egyptians, Iraqis, Saudis, Iranians and of course... Kuwaitis...

To be brutally honest... most of them are decent people trying to raise a family, work for an honest days wage and be left the hell alone like everyone else. Just like everywhere else... there are a few nut-jobs pissing in the punch for everyone.
This is not to say there are more or less wackos per capita here... just saying that its not really like hollywood would have you believe.
Nope, not everyone here runs around on a camel firing AKs into the Air and screaming about Allah and Jihad.
It honestly took me months to convince my oldest son I wasn't living in a tent and riding a camel to work everyday....

Just as an FYI I've lived here for three years now. It doesn't make me an expert... just a little better informed.

Last edited by Byte Stryke; 09-29-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Because I ate paint chips as a child
Old 09-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Bberry20 is on a distinguished road

Welcome back and thanks to everyone who serves our country. wouldnt be where we are today without you all!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:45 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Byte Stryke
Being here in Kuwait, Ive had alot of opportunity to get to know Arabs...
Kuwait is a melting pot of Syrians, Egyptians, Iraqis, Saudis, Iranians and of course... Kuwaitis...

To be brutally honest... most of them are decent people trying to raise a family, work for an honest days wage and be left the hell alone like everyone else. Just like everywhere else... there are a few nut-jobs pissing in the punch for everyone.
This is not to say there are more or less wackos per capita here... just saying that its not really like hollywood would have you believe.
Nope, not everyone here runs around on a camel firing AKs into the Air and screaming about Allah and Jihad.
It honestly took me months to convince my oldest son I wasn't living in a tent and riding a camel to work everyday....

Just as an FYI I've lived here for three years now. It doesn't make me an expert... just a little better informed.

that's what i was getting at. i read your post here, and thought, "isn't that what i said?". well yes and no. it didn't come out in so many words, sometimes my fingers get going faster than the brain-happens alot, hahahahaha!, but that's what i meant. cultural diversity is what makes a neighbourhood grow (read that somewhere, can't remember who it was now).

Old 10-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Crystal is on a distinguished road

Im new here and don't know you..but wanted to say Thank you for what you do.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back!