General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I give up...so here's a new thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road
Default I give up...so here's a new thread

I've been trying to find out about this problem on this forum, and on , but I can't seem to find the answer. The question is, do the seats in a 2dr 2000 LS recline any farther than the A-pillar? The picture that is uploaded is a rough drawing on the farthest it goes (on a random photo, not of my own), both driver and passenger sides. Is this normal?

Attached Thumbnails I give up...so here's a new thread-07e1a4be-c62d-4e79-8ce3-8e8e9c38b083_1.jpg  
Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

no, it should recline all the way back to the rear seats. Does it move at all? The handle might be broken if it doesnt move at all.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

Do you have power or manual seats? I find it strange that both seats stop in the same position. Are there any clearance issues on the back side of the seat?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Do you mean how far back you can slide the seat? In my blazer I only can slide both seats back to the A-pillar.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Do you mean how far back you can slide the seat? In my blazer I only can slide both seats back to the A-pillar.
Same here. I can slide back to the A-pillar, but I can recline all the way back.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Starting Member

They are manual seats. The seats can slide back as far as they can go, but they can't recline. You pull the lever to recline, and it only goes back so far. The picture shows how far back it reclines.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Beginning Member
BDS_237 is on a distinguished road

This may sound dumb, but are you pulling on the handle on the bottom of the seat, or the lever on the upright part of the seat? One is for reclining, the other is for releasing the seat forward to allow passengers in and out of the back.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by BDS_237
This may sound dumb, but are you pulling on the handle on the bottom of the seat, or the lever on the upright part of the seat? One is for reclining, the other is for releasing the seat forward to allow passengers in and out of the back.
Doesn't sound dumb, but I'm not. Yes, I'm pulling up on the bottom lever, and when I push back to recline, nothing. The driver side goes back to where I normally have it for driving, so not a big deal, but if I ever wanna chill in the parking lot at work during my break, I would like to recline back and rest, but I can't.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:03 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EzTec
Doesn't sound dumb, but I'm not. Yes, I'm pulling up on the bottom lever, and when I push back to recline, nothing. The driver side goes back to where I normally have it for driving, so not a big deal, but if I ever wanna chill in the parking lot at work during my break, I would like to recline back and rest, but I can't.
Sometime mine decides to be a b**** and not recline. I sometime have to reef on it a little while putting pressure on the seat in different directions. Though you have to be really careful, as these handles don't exactly have a reputation of durability.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Starting Member

So they do recline, I'm not just losing my mind? lol

I don't want to have to "reef" on the seats just to get them to recline. Not my jive. I don't want to break them and be out $200 for junkyard special seats. Is there something internal that is wrong? I'll have to investigate further to find out. This seems to be a common issue.