General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

i know how u 2wd guys feel now :)

Old 07-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default i know how u 2wd guys feel now :)

well when i picked up my bravada from the shop on thursday,they told me that the got the wrong part in to fix it(i didnt pay them yet b4 anyone says it),it turned out to be the lil 2ft long constant velocity drive shaft some were in the transfer case/tranny assembly that had gone bad,not the t-case it self so break on cost there($400 instead of 650)..
I drove it all yesterday and half of today with out really realizing that it wasnt in reg awd,cuz it spins its back tires ALOT more than it ever did b4 when i stepped on it. and it finally dawned on my today..*duh the part that isnt there is what powers the front wheels*so ive been driven in 2wd and lovin it,i must say the truck seems alot more fun now,i can kick the *** end out on dirt and mud now easily,somethin i had to work at b4..i like the security of the awd in adverse conditions,but damn if it doesnt out a damper on any kinda reckless fun you can have(cept snow drifting,i could get a sick awd snow drift goin last winter)..
Anyway the point of this drawn out post is that you guys wit the selectable 2wd/4wd..are soo lucky,i wish there was a way to put that on the bravada with out some overly expensive process,i mean hell ive even been getting better mpgs with it now..but back to awd on tuesday ..oh well least it will be fixed right

Last edited by 97Bravada; 07-23-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That is BAD! With the torque biasing transfer case, you can damage the viscous clutch by driving without the front driveshaft.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Starting Member

well ok im not 100% sure the parts not there but obviously somethin isnt there..cuz its no longer awd and the shop put it back together for me to drive till tuesday and told me to avoid parking on slopes.and so far there is no real noises or anything like that to speak of
and the shop is the best trans/drive train shop in the area ive been told so i kinda trust em,granted i will tell you the the workings of a trucks drive train is still new to me..so idk

Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You better check it. If the front driveshaft isn't in there, you really do not have park as the transfer case can slip. You also have an increased chance of smoking the transfer case if you accelerate hard or go up hills, etc.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You better check it. If the front driveshaft isn't in there, you really do not have park as the transfer case can slip. You also have an increased chance of smoking the transfer case if you accelerate hard or go up hills, etc.
you know..that would expain the lil bit of rolling it did in a very slight incline at the sand/dirt pit i was shootin at earlier today when it was in park...and well thank you for that very usefull bit of info..i will take it easy on it the nxt 2 days..i guess the lack of a chattering metal/metal noise..free'd up some pent up urge to step on it..oops my bad luckely it wasnt too much of it..i feel like shoulda known this