Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Do you feel the need for speed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:18 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you feel the need for speed?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7&q=blazer

V8 swap any one?

Old 12-16-2006, 02:20 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Do you feel the need for speed?

Holeshot. Good launch!

Old 12-16-2006, 02:37 AM
EkStreem G is an unknown quantity at this point

Dam that's beautiful (1 happy tear) lol. Hanr3your '00 Blazer wants the V8, give it what it wants. This LS2's got your name written all over it .
GTO LS2 & auto trans - eBay.com

*EDIT by swartlkk* - condensed long link

Old 12-16-2006, 03:19 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

You know it. The wife would have a cow if I bought that. Would be one sweet engine though.

I am seriously considering a GM parts crate 5.7L for $1,500. All my accessories will bolt up to it. My tranny has been rebuilt and can handle it. Gonna need a intake and headers too.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

NICE!

Yeah, I have been looking into this for my Bravada for awhile now. If I go junk yard engine, I figure I can do it for about $1500. With a crate engine, then I can expect to add another $700-$900 to the crate engine price.

I can get a Vortec 350 complete from the local yard for around $300. Rebuild the bottom end and do some head work and it'll be fine.

Only problem is, I'll be pulling the Chevelle into my dad's shop sometime in the next week or so to get started in that... I can only afford one project at a time and the Chevelle has a little higher priority... LOL

Old 12-16-2006, 11:27 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

When you guys rebuild an engine, I mean ful rebuild, Would you check for run out on the crank or replace it? How about the con rods? I know about he bearings, timing chain/gears....

Old 12-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll mic the crank journals and check for out of round, but if they are in spec, then there really isn't much reason to have them turned. Just polish them up to remove any slight imperfections. As far as connecting rods, as long as the pins are moving good without slop and the bearings weren't spun on the other end, there really isn't anything to worry about.

Basically, if you had good oil pressure before you tore it down, you can just replace all of the bearings, polish the crank journals, clean up the cylinder bores and replace the rings for the bottom end. Don't forget to gap the rings. That will about do it for the bottom end. Obviously you'll want to degrease the engine and get it fully cleaned up before you attempt reassembly.