General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

If money were no object...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: If money were no object...

Put illegal tint on all 6 side windows, then get a DVD/navigation system, replace all 6 speakers with Infinity reference and amp them, get a single 12" alpine type r sub, replace all A/C components, ditch the keyless for an alarm system, then leave the rest in the bank or under a mattress and use it when things break/fail.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 06-04-2007, 09:35 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Oh boy. Let's see. Lambo doors on front doors, suicide doors on the back, ram air hood, supercharger, full wings west body kit, full custom underbody light kit, 3 inch lift with 20 inch black chrome wheels, remove overhead console and shave roofrack and install ragtop sunroof, shave door handles and badges, billet grille, halo headlights, 6 pioneer subs with 3 pioneer amps to power them and rest of speakers in custom fiberglass enclosure with four monitors and ps3 in custom fiberglass center console, tv's in the visors and headrests, dvd-nav system with flip up head unit in dash, custom retractable chrome nerf bars, powdercoat frame, 42 inch lcd tv that flips down from tailgate, I think that pretty much covers it.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

Well considering I'm really not one for change, I'd probably just make everything like new. Obviously what would come first and foremost is pulling the truck apart and replacing every seal, bearing, all that stuff.

"Pimping" vehicles isn't my thing, but if I did anythingI'd probably put a gigantic lift on it, chrome push bumper, brush guard, some of thoseI don't know whatcha call 'ems on top, you know...with the bright off-road lights. Roll bars I guess. Then I'd put chrome running board on him. I dunno if I'd put a beefier motor in it....I'd definately rebuild mine like new if I didn't. And the interior...let's see. I'd just make it look brand new.

A goofy thought I once had, and although I'm certain most of you will scoff at this, I wanted to raise the truck up a bunch, and paint it white with black cow spots, put some big old bull horns on it. And whenever I push the horn button I want it to MOO! LOL...Just a silly thought....but any of you who know anything about me know I'm fully capable of it, LMAO!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Just make sure Rachel around your parts that someone doesn't try to play cow tipping and accidentally tip Bob over lol.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:20 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

If money were no object.
383 stroker TBI engine.
Custom Snorkle
Long tube headers
Glasspacks.
Built 700R4 or NV4500
Dual t-cases
Narrowed Corporate 14 bolt with Detroit locker and 4 linked in the rear.
Narrowed Dana 60 front axle with selectable locker, 3 linked with pan hard bar, and hydraulic ram assist.
Coil over shocks front and rear.
On board welder.
On board air compressor and tank to power air tools. I would still have air conditioning.
On board power inverter for my mini refrig, and electric power tools.
Rock lights under each tire.
Full interior roll cage.
Convert the top to come off like the older K5 Blazers.
Get a soft top for the summer.
Convert the doors to removeable doors and have some tube doors made up for the summer.
Custom bumpers front and rear with room to stand on when stuck in the mud.
Rock sliders with room to stand on when stuck in the mud.
Fender sliders with room to stand on when stuck in the mud.
No exo-cage, I dont like exo gages.
40" boggers in back and 40" TSL up front., full size 40" TSL spare hanging on the back bumper.
2 jerry cans hanging on the back bumper (1 water, 1 gas).
CB radio with pa system.
Ham radio.
Tools boxes custom built into the rear quarter panels and under the floor boards filled with tools,spare parts, and spare liquids (oil, radiator fluid, tranny fluid, etc).
Night lights on the roof rack for all 4 directions, plus at least one trouble light I can take up to 50 away from the truck.
Cameras at each corner, and out the front and rear windows that all tie into one recorder.
Custom steel gas tank.
Finish boxing the frame.
Hydraulic winches front and back with 2complete recovery kits.
4 Suspension seats with 4 point harnesses and a couple JC handles for the wife.
Complete custom paint job.
and of coarse it would still be street legal. [8D]

That is my wish list if money were no object.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 AM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

LS7 swap and everything needed to handle it
Suicide doors
T-tops like the Marlboro Typhoon
Darker paint with ghost flames
True dual exhaust with Sweet Thunder Mufflers

Old 06-07-2007, 04:18 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

If money were no object.
383 stroker TBI engine.
Custom Snorkle
Long tube headers
Glasspacks.
Built 700R4 or NV4500
Dual t-cases
Narrowed Corporate 14 bolt with Detroit locker and 4 linked in the rear.
Narrowed Dana 60 front axle with selectable locker, 3 linked with pan hard bar, and hydraulic ram assist.
Coil over shocks front and rear.
On board welder.
On board air compressor and tank to power air tools. I would still have air conditioning.
On board power inverter for my mini refrig, and electric power tools.
Rock lights under each tire.
Full interior roll cage.
Convert the top to come off like the older K5 Blazers.
Get a soft top for the summer.
Convert the doors to removeable doors and have some tube doors made up for the summer.
Custom bumpers front and rear with room to stand on when stuck in the mud.
Rock sliders with room to stand on when stuck in the mud.
Fender sliders with room to stand on when stuck in the mud.
No exo-cage, I dont like exo gages.
40" boggers in back and 40" TSL up front., full size 40" TSL spare hanging on the back bumper.
2 jerry cans hanging on the back bumper (1 water, 1 gas).
CB radio with pa system.
Ham radio.
Tools boxes custom built into the rear quarter panels and under the floor boards filled with tools,spare parts, and spare liquids (oil, radiator fluid, tranny fluid, etc).
Night lights on the roof rack for all 4 directions, plus at least one trouble light I can take up to 50 away from the truck.
Cameras at each corner, and out the front and rear windows that all tie into one recorder.
Custom steel gas tank.
Finish boxing the frame.
Hydraulic winches front and back with 2complete recovery kits.
4 Suspension seats with 4 point harnesses and a couple JC handles for the wife.
Complete custom paint job.
and of coarse it would still be street legal. [8D]

That is my wish list if money were no object.

Just wow, but at the same time, thats nearly exactly what i want, lol. Only things i want different on mineis a5.7L vortec engine (power is good but a 5.7L is all i really need or want)i would want to keep the factory top (no need to take it off for me) and i like the exo-cages so i would want one (as well as the interior cage because im paranoid). But with the exo-cage i would make it removable so you can store it when ya dont need it and then when its trail pounding time you can grab a couple buddies and put it on.

Lets see, dont need glasspacks........other than that ill take it.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have put some time, research,and thought into my dream truck.
I got plans, time, but no money. On day I will have the money. Its only a matter of time. lol

Good plan yourself.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

I got plans, time, but no money. On day I will have the money. Its only a matter of time. lol

I just wish I had more time to complete the work I'm doing! Then I'd probably do up a couple of newer Blazers as well.

I like a lot of your ideas Tim, but where are you gonna find the room to mount everything. It sounds like you need a Suburban with a trailer for all that stuff.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/36230B38FD554CADB96FC4240FA1599B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-08-2007, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran

Oddly enough there is tons of room.
The suspension and drivetrain will all mount to the frame.
On the newer body styles the gas tank is under the drivers side rear passengers seat. That leaves a big space under the rear cargo area between the frame rails open. Currently that is where the spare tire goes on the newer models. Move that spare to a rear bumper mount and you just freed up a ton of space over the rear axle. Cut the bottom of the cargo area and build yourself a box in the floor to hold spare parts, fluids. Use the floor as the lid, add hinges and a lock to keep it closed.
Put tool boxesover the rear tire fenders, build them into the body and have the doors on the outside of the truck. Kind of like a working truckbed with the boxes built into the bed sides.
This still leaves most of the cargo area open for camping gear, cooler, etc.
With the aditional weight of tools, gear, parts etc over the rear axle, the truck just got closer to being equally balanced. 500 pounds of engine over and just behind the front axle. This added weight in the back will add tons of traction to the rear tires. One of the reasons SUV's have better tracion compared to pick up trucks, more weight over the rear axle. I'd like to use the space under the rear passengers feet, however the exhuast and muffler are right there. Glass pack and tuck it up next to thr frame rail will help. Then I could squeeze a small box between the exhaust and rear driveshaft.

Quick Reply: If money were no object...