General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

important news about dexcool settlement

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:17 AM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default important news about dexcool settlement

I found this in my local newspaper GM is offically having a class action lawsuit with our blazers involved for sludge caused by dexcool. The link is below for you to see if you can add yourself to the claim list. http://dexcoolsettlement.com

Old 06-01-2008, 09:24 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: important news about dexcool settlement

Hmm, interesting. I'm going to have to check into this a little further. I have replaced my radiator, and now my heater core is clogged and I have to replace the thermostat. It says radiator cap, but I wonder about the whole radiator. Ever since I had the radiator replaced, the temp gauge has never read what it should and my heat stopped working (not totally), I still had a little bit of heat to defrost the windows (took a while though).

Old 06-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Read it carefully.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:33 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Eh, tooo complicated for me. It says radiator cap, but not whole radiator. What?! I replaced both lol.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I had both the lower intake and thewater pump done in 2005. Not sure if I can prove the lower intake was "other than anylon/silicone gasket," but can definitely prove the water pump. I just might jump on this bandwagon.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:58 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point

ah this sucks i just found a leak in my radiator, the plastic on the driver side. and I am not able to get this because my truck was built a year after

Old 06-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow..unbelievable. My entire cooling system and intake manifold had to be replaced. I'm printing that form off now. I can probably also get my mechanic to write me another receipt for everything he replaced...

Old 06-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Too bad it stops at 2000 because in 2006 I had to replace all those items.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Dave...I hear ya...I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me flush it out of her truck before the same thing happens to hers. Maybe when I show her the papers from the suit, she'll finally listen. LOL

Old 06-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you keep track of it, you will have no problems. Just takes routine maintenance. The statistics of those with problems speak for themselves...