General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

installed my intake!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default installed my intake!

Whatcha think. I installed it this morning with the heat shield.

intake

Old 06-13-2007, 12:52 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: installed my intake!

That is sick bro! Where did you get that intake and how much?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I got it on ebay for 40 bucks shipped. Here is the link to the store.

ebay store

As for the heat shield, that came from ebay also. Here is the link to that store.

ebay store

I installed mine a little differently than they tell you. In the picture on the ebay page, you can see that the tubes are reversed than mine. I installed it that way so that the air filter is on an angle and faces the original opening for the stock air filter box. I don't know if this will make a difference or not, but it looks good either way.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

can you tell a difference?

Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 PM

Not a whole heck of a lot. It idles a little smoother at a light than before. Accelerating from a stop is a litle faster. It has more of a growl as I am accelerating now. Plus it just plain looks darn awesome.I've read other posts about people having problems aaafer they put on an intake, but nothing here. Also, a friend of mine pointed out that the way I installed it, the heat shield is blocking the air coming through the radiator fan.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

"Also, a friend of mine pointed out that the way I installed it, the heat shield is blocking the air coming through the radiator fan."

That's the preferred method correct? You want the coolest air possible coming from the front of the truck, no?

Old 06-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the preferred way of doing it is to completely isolate the filter from the engine bay. That heat sheild is doing a better job of keeping hot engine bay air away, but without a truely sealed area, you are still sucking in a fair amount of hot air.