General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.
View Poll Results: Which 'Jeep Recovery Team' Decal(s) Would You Like?
S10 Blazer
73.33%
K5 Blazer
16.67%
Both Styles
10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep Recovery Team decals

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AllEiz0nMe
lol yeah I think I'm the only one so far to vote for the k5 :-( We're out numbered on this board...lol
Don't worry I voted on the k5 one too! I would prefer the Jeep one only because the people I usually go with only have a chevy or the one kid with his wrangler. Either way I think the stickers might look a little better if you incorporate the windows on the trucks? Just a thought.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

The more detailed usually means the more expensive they get.
And Pat, I'm not in any rush to get mine, so take your time. I'm looking for something fairly big too. I plan on putting it on my back window right in the dead middle (I'm trying to keep all decals off the side of my truck...I like the clean look on the side). If they are going to be smaller then the BF cals then I might just get Luis to make me a plain one. But let me know what you come up with either way and I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Unless its REALLY necessary to incorporate the windows, I'd rather not lol, I've put so much into these as it is lmao.

And Alex, I was thinking of something a little smaller, to fit between the grab handle and the side of the window... I guess I could put a big Ford one out though... $$$$ is a factor though...Another thing, I don't know what kind of material Luis used, but this tends to be a little thicker than a thin vinyl. I use it for licence numbers on my snowmobiles, and it stands up to twigs and carving through crusty snow so I think it'd be more than durable enough for our windows. It's not SUPER thick, but you can definitely tell it's thicker than the vinyl they use for custom graphics when you run your hand over it. UV resistance is pretty good too, the guy I'd be getting to make these does Taxidermy on the side (I know what you're thinking) and he made his own company logos for his 1st Gen Jimmy about 10 years ago, and they're not faded or anything... so just an indication.

That being said, here's the finals, FRT's for those requested ones.

Last edited by oktain; 09-29-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Starting Member

Yea either way they look great and I would like to get one good job

Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by okvortec
I don't have 4x4 so I probably wouldn't rock one, but I just wanna throw in an idea...

IMO it might look better if the "Team" was continued on the same line as "Jeep Recovery" and the chain pulling the jeep was just a tid bit longer to make it all fit.
i'm sorry i never found this sooner. i was thinking about tilting the left side down so it was even along the bottom, having the Jeep "pulled up the hill" so to speak. but these look great too, not sure if i'd get a Jeep one or the Ford (both are good).

Originally Posted by AllEiz0nMe
lol yeah I think I'm the only one so far to vote for the k5 :-( We're out numbered on this board...lol
even though i don't own a K5, i still voted for both designs, so you're not alone Shane. no matter what size Chevy you're driving, ya gotta give props to the K5-it started all of this!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Starting Member

Yea I can't help but enjoy the k5s because of the fact I was raised around one, which now I own. Plus I'm kind of a tall 19 year old (around 6'6") so I definitely need the bigger vehicle so I can actually fit in comfortably.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Pat, they look really good! I like the Ford font you used.
If you could get an idea of how much a bigger one might cost and let me know it might be. If it's too much then let me know. Then I'll either get a small one or maybe even take it to Luis is that is alright with you.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:13 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

yeah no problem... If the guy wants too much I may have to take everything to Luis lol, I just didn't want to bother him with this if I didn't have too.

And I wanted to feel important lol.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:16 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would for sure rock the ford recovery team decals seeing as how both my body shop employees drive fords could be funny

Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road

The ford one looks awesome Pat, I'd definately take one!

1oldk5 We tend to go out with a lot of jeeps when we go out only because they seem to be the only one's not afraid to mess up their trucks...lol The smaller suv's like the exploders are the one's we pull out ALL the time. They tend to get stuck the most so the ford one would definitely be true for us...lol Last time out we pulled out a buddy's ex and found a f150 dead in the water. Felt sorry for him, he was stuck there waiting for a 6by that was stuck a little further down...lol Wharton takes mercy on no one even the 6by's.

Sisk, I'm the same way! Hate stickers anywhere on the body of my trucks. Blazer had a bunch on the back when we got it, yeah they were taken off the next day along with some paint but she's getting painted next year anyway...lol Only decal I ever put on my trucks was the scull's on the wrangler because some dummy ripped the stock steps off.

Quick Reply: Jeep Recovery Team decals