General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Jimmy to the rescue, or so we thought...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough
Default Jimmy to the rescue, or so we thought...

So, a buddy of mine called me up today in a kind of frantic voice and asked if I could do him a favor. I said sure, why not? He explained to me that he had taken his week old Jeep Wrangler Rubicon off roading and got it stuck and he needed someone to pull him out. I figured it wouldn't be that bad. This is what i saw when I got there...

Fate would have it that this all happened as tornado warnings were being issued throughout the area and it all turned to extremely slippery mud. We broke two of the tow straps and I just wasn't able to get the traction I needed to pull him out. After calling about 6 towing companies, we found one that would try and help and it cost $150 to get him out.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

They do get stuck? Wow I thought that never happened to Jeeps

Old 06-27-2010, 08:32 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Lol, I bet that had to suck.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:04 PM

Haha, he told me that at work the other day, someone was telling him about one of the features of the new Wranglers. apparently they are supposed to be able to sense when they are sinking and will control the throttle to avoid becoming stuck. Apparently his wasn't working lol. He said as they were getting stuck he kept yelling "ACTIVATE" but that didn't work...

Old 06-27-2010, 09:38 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

^Only a jeep would need such a device, joking.

Honestly sucks being stuck in a place like that. There is no place to tie off to for a winch if you even have one. The area around the jeep looks too soft even for a hi-lift jack to work very well. You almost have to be towed out by someone. But atleast you know where to avoid if you ever go back out that way.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
^Only a jeep would need such a device, joking.

Honestly sucks being stuck in a place like that. There is no place to tie off to for a winch if you even have one. The area around the jeep looks too soft even for a hi-lift jack to work very well. You almost have to be towed out by someone. But atleast you know where to avoid if you ever go back out that way.
Yeah, he said the next thing he is going to invest in is a winch or a heavy duty come-a-long. I don't see us going out that way anymore, seeing as we were trespassing on private property(he forgot to mention that)...oops

Old 06-27-2010, 10:40 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

^Yeah... not the best idea. What with all the yelling and guns and calling of police, and guard dogs... How did you all manage not to get caught on private property when you had to call a place to come tow him out?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:17 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

I used to carry this 15 inch square plate to use as a highlift mount for situations like this. The heck with towing companies just find some random hillbilly with 40 inch tires he will probably do it for free

Old 06-28-2010, 03:52 PM

@ImScrewed92 The land that we were on was privately owned, but I believe it may have been owned by a contractor or some kind of construction type business. About 200yds down the path from where we were at, there was a bunch of bulldozers and shovels parked as if they were being stored. Luckily there were no houses on the land and the road was about 100yds away but the weeds were tall enough to hide us haha.

@abig84 He tried thinking of everyone he could that had a 4x4 and I was the only one available to help him out. We live closer to a city so there aren't many people with huge trucks unfortunately.

Last edited by Red 96'; 06-28-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

Construction companies always leave the keys somewhere in the machines. Hook it to an excavator and that would have been a piece of cake.

Well, besides the jail time that is.