General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

junkyards flooded with "cash for clunkers" blazers

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:00 PM
|
toaks1 is on a distinguished road
Default junkyards flooded with "cash for clunkers" blazers

I was at the junk yard last week and I couldnt get over how many NICE blazers were junked in there from the cash for clunkers program. Its a shame to see all of these nice trucks (some of them nicer than mine) which were probably in perfect running condition just thrown away like that. They all had tags on the motors stating that vehicle was part of the cash for clunker program and that the motors were siezed and all of the internals were no good. I understand the goal of getting less fuel efficient vehicles off the road but I just dont understand why they would ruin the motors like that making them useless for parts..... just seems stupid to me

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:08 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Same here. tons of blazers at the local yard. I was there saturday and counted close to 20 blazers

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:16 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

So cant you guys ship those to Sweden, there is not many Blazers at our junk yards over here.

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:19 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow... I wish it was that here in Edmonton. I have to randomly call to find out if they have even one blazer in the yard let alone 20+

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blajeans
So cant you guys ship those to Sweden, there is not many Blazers at our junk yards over here.
Yea! Here too. O s**t that damn steering wheel!

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:39 PM
Starting Member
USMC3782 is on a distinguished road

obamanomics at its best. think of how many people cannot afford a car to get to work but the government will take money from your pocket and just scrap them. Effing stupid if you ask me.

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:46 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, the whole program really screwed over the lower class who can't afford a new $20,000 car. It really was disgusting, IMO.
But I digress, looks like I'm hittin' up the junk yards for a new hub assembly on the Blazer!

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:51 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, let's not start another 'CfC' debate. We already have a thread for that here. Cash for Clunkers

Old 01-18-2010 | 01:13 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

If I ever see an Xtreme or ZR2 destroyed by cash for clunkers I will be royally pissed.

I gotta head over to the local yard tomorrow. Need to find another center cap for my spare and the interior light control panel, but with a stock fog light switch in it.

Old 01-18-2010 | 06:47 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I haven't been out to the junkyards around here. I've been thinking about it for a while though. I'm curious to see how many Blazers were clunked around me.

Quick Reply: junkyards flooded with "cash for clunkers" blazers