General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Just a friendly reminder...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 05:46 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Just a friendly reminder...

not to text and drive!

I've been working in an auto salvage yard for about 8 years now and I've seen all sorts of mangled vehicles from crazy accidents, some of which had to have certainly had fatalities... This week we got in a Kia Sorento that takes the cake... I only wish I knew the back story on it, but the only assumption that I can make based off of looking at the damage is that the driver was moving at least 50+ mph, got distracted (most likely texting or something...) and ran up under a trailer of a semi truck... Whatever was hit was just high enough for the bumper reinforcement bar to pass underneath it (perfect example of why bumper height laws exist), pushing EVERYTHING above that point back into the cab, folding the hood up like a lid on a sardine can and shoving the AC condenser into the passenger seat... SURPRISINGLY, the driver's seating area is in tact for the most part, so it looks like the driver actually got out alive, but it also looks like there was no one in the passenger seat luckily, otherwise these photos would probably be too gruesome to post... In addition to taring the body work apart, the impact LITERALLY split the engine block IN HALF, leaving the pistons, rods, crank shaft and all fully exposed.

Undoubtedly some of the worse carnage I've ever seen in my 8 years working in the auto salvage industry.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Starting Member
jaymzz is on a distinguished road

That is a bad one. I am body tech and see some pretty bad ones also. I don't have the picture anymore on my phone but we had a Honda Fit come in that went airborn into trees and ripped the engine and floor out. The tow truck driver said they were texting on the freeway and wrecked. The driver and passengers weren't so lucky in that wreck.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for sharing those sobering pictures.

Recently, for the first time I tried playing music on my car stereo using my phone. What a mistake. I was shocked how distracting it was to try to do; it scared me.

I don't talk on the phone or text while driving but I had to add looking up music to the list too.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Drive with your guard up like the bell just rang the begining of the round. You got this champ! He thinks you're tired and not paying attention.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

I don't think that's going to buff out.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Meh, a dent puller and some jb weld... good as golden!

serious note tho, definitely an eye opener, dont be the distracted driver!