General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

key fob

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Beginning Member
acfiero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default key fob

does anyone know where i can find a key fob for a 97 bravada? i checked ebay but i cant find any

Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the back of the remote for the FCC ID and do a google search for that ID.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Beginning Member

i dont have a remote. just bought the car, and i didnt even know i had keyless entry till you guys told me about the rpo code

Old 03-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Then look on the RKE receiver module (on top of the lower hush panel behind the data link connector). The receiver FCC ID will end with an R for receiver and the fob will end in a T for transmitter.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Beginning Member

thanks kyle. i ordered one today

Old 03-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Beginning Member

got my key fob. but i couldnt figure out how to program it. the guys at my old shop tried to program it for me with the "tech two" but couldnt get it to work. i tried the method i found on this site about holding down the power lock button and cycling the key but that didnt work either. but i found this on the internet.

1 LOCATE THE DIAGNOSTIC PLUG LOCATED UNDER DRIVERS DASH, A USUALLY
BLACK FEMALE END PLUG, APPROX. A 12 PIN CONNECTOR.

2 FIND A GOOD GROUND AND TOUCH TEST LIGHT TO THE TOP PIN ON FAR RIGHT
OF DIAGNOSTIC PLUG,POWER DOOR LOCKS SHOULD CYCLE.(JUMP UP AND DOWN)
IF LOCKS FAIL TO CYCLE TOUCH BOTTOM RIGHT PIN. 2a - some older models
,early 96 on back you may have to touch top or bottom far left pin.(
IF YOU HAVE A GOOD GROUND, YOUR TEST LIGHT WILL COME ON AND DOOR LOCKS
WILL CYCLE FORM ONE OF THESE PINS! IF LIGHT DOESN'T COME ON YOU HAVE A
BAD GROND!) THE OUTSIDE CASING OF YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTER SOCKET IS A
GOOD GROUND IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH ONE.

3 AS SOON AS LOCKS CYCLE, KEEP THE GROUND AND PIN CONNECTED , HOLD
DOWN BOTH THE UNLOCK BUTTON AND LOCK BUTTON ON THE NEW KEYLESS REMOTE
AT THE SAME TIME UNTIL DOOR LOCKS CYCLE.(THIS MAY TAKE 5-20 SECONDS)

4 MAINTAIN CONNECTION WITH TEST LIGHT , TAKE 2ND NEW OR OLD REMOTE AND
PRESS AND HOLD DOWN LOCK AND UNLOCK BUTTONS ON REMOTE UNTILL LOCKS
CYCLE.

i dont know if its just because i have a 97 bravada that the other methods didnt work, but this did for me. someone might have posted it bofore but i couldnt find it here, so im sure someone else might need it

Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Administrator

I will add it to the Tech Article. I know that the 96-97 trucks are different than the 98+, but do not have all of my references available while at work.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member

oh one more thing. when i lock it with the remote should the horn blow or lights flash or something? mines silent. is there a way to program that?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Administrator

On the later trucks, it is definitely programmable. I am not sure if it is a DIY thing on the earlier ones though... IIRC, it is a Tech2 option.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Beginning Member

we couldnt get the tech2 to even recognize it had a keyless entry. i guess they didnt put a BCM in till the 98 model year and thats how you get to that program in the tech2

Quick Reply: key fob