General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Keyless entry

I need your guys help. I'm without keyless entry until Monday. How do I get my truck unlocked using the key without the alarm going off? My key fob is broken and I get a replacement Monday hopefully.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

You cant just put the key in and unlock it?

Old 06-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Starting Member

No sir. Sets the alarm off no matter how I try. I'm about to go unplug the horns until I get a new button.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Will it still set off the alarm if you disconnect the RKE module (located above the driver side foot well hush panel behind the DLC - data link connector)?

Also, is this a factory alarm or aftermarket?

Old 06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Starting Member

This is a factory model.
I will see if I can disconnect that before I go into work tonight, otherwise I will post up tonight after work if that solves the problem

Edit: I just went and connected the unit and that worked great! Thanks so much Swartlkk !

Last edited by 50percentgenius; 06-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Starting Member

To my surprise I went to drive off from work and it appears my horn will still go off when I enter. I was really hoping unplugging that module would work

Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

When we had this problem at the dealership I worked at we could get around the alarm if we didn't use the power locks to lock the doors.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Starting Member

See I tried locking the doors with the key but I've only managed to lock the drivers door. I tried holding the key and I got nothing. I bet I'm doing this wrong though

Edit: Any tips?

Last edited by 50percentgenius; 06-20-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I would just push the lever on the inside of the door and it would not set the alarm off. Different vehicles though so that might make a difference.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Starting Member

Sometimes my horn will go off and sometimes it won't if I do that. It's frustrating. Guess I'm off to unplug the horns

Quick Reply: Keyless entry