General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

kinda scary stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:07 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default kinda scary stuff

so ya today i was at school and i park on the street cuz i'm cheap and cant really afford to park in the parking struckture for $7 for the day that i'm down there 6hrs (city parking sux i hate the city for it) but ya so i got done with class got in my truck and drove to work. i got to work and then later on i brought my truck in to wash it (i wash cars at a lexus dealership) and i started cleanin the rims and i'm like uhhhhh im missin 2 lug nuts!!!!!!!! ya and the 3 remaining ones were all next to eachother so it was a lil scary knowing that i even made it to work lol but ya there was only one tech there but he didnt have any lug nuts and stupid toyota and their metric ways didnt have anything cuz i was gunna try to move a lug over to get a triangle (didnt know that i had a tire wrench in the back of my blazer) but no one there had anything that fit. and so while i'm at work i had my dad go out and get me 2 new lugs ($5 for 2 lug nuts and plastic caps) and luckily my coworker had some spare lug nuts that i put on just to last me till i got home. i made it home safe and everything but still thats scary that i drove to work w/ 2 missing lug nuts! (ik they were on on the way to school this morn cuz i was gone all weekend and had my blazer parked in the garage so someone musta tried stealin my tires while i was parked on the street). but ya everythings good now so i'm just glad my tire didnt come flying off and then having that side suspension all messed up lol

Old 01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
dist6blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: kinda scary stuff

oh man thank god they didnt get em didnt think something like that would happen in wisconsin def. would expect that up here in New York... Not gonna lie its pretty funny seeing someones ricerocket up on blocks!

you can always put one of them locking nut things on it if your really worried

i had someone try and steal the rims off my old monte .. whats the chances this guy is out there while i walked past my front door... long story short i plugged him with my bb gun[&:] !

Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Theft of rims is terrible, I went and got locking lugs for my wheels!!! I have a different locking lug on every lug on every rim LOL let them try and take those wheels!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:00 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

oh god! I WISH some one would steal the wheels off of my blazer!....but alas....they are crap...and no one would steal them...

Old 01-29-2008, 04:04 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: Paddle_grl

oh god! I WISH some one would steal the wheels off of my blazer!....but alas....they are crap...and no one would steal them...
Why would you want someone to steal your wheels, LOL let me guess gives you an excuse to get some better rims and tires

Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: thegr81

Why would you want someone to steal your wheels, LOL let me guess gives you an excuse to get some better rims and tires
DUH! Full coverage insurance....get rid of my crappy stock aluminum wheels...I hate them..always making my tires go flat..

Old 01-29-2008, 04:17 AM
BF Veteran

LOL yea I agree with you there stock sucks and aftermarket is so much better!! kinda the reason why I roll on chrome instead of my old rims which I loaned out for a lil bit LOL!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:42 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: thegr81

Theft of rims is terrible, I went and got locking lugs for my wheels!!! I have a different locking lug on every lug on every rim LOL let them try and take those wheels!!!!
Knowing people that own Rim and Tire shops you find out the sad truth that they have a tool that can take off any locking lug just as fast as if they were not locking lugs at all, But at least it keeps the druggies from figuring it out. lol

Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

lol ya i dont think i'm gunna use lockin lugs quite yet i mean it is milwaukee so its not that great of a place or really safe rest of wisconsin is cool tho i hate the city tho stuff like that happens and peoples cars get broken into. im just curious y they would want my beat up rims? they're stock and a lil dinged up plus my blazer doesnt look that great and i have a system in it so y would they go after the rims? they're retarted

Old 01-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Starting Member
cr1msonmyst is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps they were trying to scrap them at a salvage yard... get just the value of the metal lol... What kind of rubber are you riding on? perhaps they were after that? It is scary though to think that could happen almost anywhere... I only fear it because in that situation (where they manage to take all 4 rims) You're left stranded... (until friends come... but still)

Quick Reply: kinda scary stuff