General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

LED Valve stems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007 | 08:56 AM
|
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default LED Valve stems?

Has anyone heard of LED valve stems? Apparently while you are driving, they go around so fast they appear to be a circle of light around your rims. I think they wouldlook silly? Anyone have them or seen them?

Old 08-16-2007 | 09:49 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: LED Valve stems?

I've seen them on a couple of imports around here. They are great at making you look like a ricer, just like those LED windsheild washer ones. Good way to get laughed at by the respectable automotive community!

Old 08-16-2007 | 10:06 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

They are called Tireflys and I believe you might be able to find them at Wal-Mart. They are only valve stem caps. The last time I saw them, they were over by the bicycles. They had brighter ones at the auto parts stores. I have them on my bicycle and they go off when I hit a bump. They are good for lighting at night. Here they are illegal for road use but okay for bicycles. CT is strict when it comes to lighting. Anything other than brake lights, turn signals in any other color than white or amber, and headlights are illegal. I got pulled over for two little led's on my front bumper and 2 liscence frame led bolts. Just got a warning though.

Old 08-16-2007 | 10:24 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, they are really cheap and make you look crappy. But they are a good cheap prank to pull on friends. My friend kept hitting deer so we got those little whistler deer horn things and put them on there he laughed then got my other friend back by putting those stupid lights on his wheels. I could see them looking alright on a bike for night time visibility but that is about it.

Old 08-16-2007 | 10:29 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I would never put them on my truck. They are cheap, as a matter of fact on clearance last time I was at Wal-Mart.

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:04 AM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

never seen them (probly b/c of our awesome car laws here in va[:'(]) but i bet they look dumb

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:05 AM
|
BF Veteran

Oh, I don't want them... heck no. I was simply stating that they look silly. I was actually considering it as a prank like Lenny said.

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:07 AM

Oh, good. If you wanted to get them I would have to hurt you for doing that to Jenn lol.

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:12 AM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah that would be pretty funny to do to someone. id try it but then id feel bad if they got a ticket out of it lol

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:12 AM
|
BF Veteran

Whatever you would do, I just hope it doesn't involve your foot.

Quick Reply: LED Valve stems?