General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Lost our Blazer to a careless driver.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Vader is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about the accident man. Thats terrible.

That civic looked modded. Was the driver a young kid? People need to be more responsible.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:07 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Wow, that doesn't look fun. Glad your OK though, better to wreak your car then your life!

Gonna get a new blazer? Looks like you can salvage most of the parts.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

Yes - The wife is all about getting another 4x4 Blazer. She was always impressed with what our's put up with.

Seriously, with my lifestyle and activities, there is no other perfect vehicle for me to drive.

As for the Honde driver... He was 19 and the Honda was modded but not performance wise. The Honda Civic DX was a gas sipper compared to the EX or Si - I know this because when I married my wife, that's what she had. It was stolen four years ago and was how we came to own that red Blazer.

Here are pics of the Honda... You can really see how spectacular the crash was in these photos.

Check out the dent and tire scrub marks up at the rear quarter window!

On the third pic down, you can see the mark from my skid plate angeled across the hood! Unbelievable!

I am blessed to be sitting here typing this!

Last edited by Bigringtravis; 12-24-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:26 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bigringtravis
Yes - The wife is all about getting another 4x4 Blazer. She was always impressed with what our's put up with.

Seriously, with my lifestyle and activities, there is no other perfect vehicle for me to drive.

As for the Honde driver... He was 19 and the Honda was modded but not performance wise. The Honda Civic DX was a gas sipper compared to the EX or Si - I know this because when I married my wife, that's what she had. It was stolen four years ago and was how we came to own that red Blazer.

Here are pics of the Honda... You can really see how spectacular the crash was in these photos.

Check out the dent and tire scrub marks up at the rear quarter window!

On the third pic down, you can see the mark from my skid plate angeled across the hood! Unbelievable!

I am blessed to be sitting here typing this!

what are the consequences for this unthinkable fool
kinda sad and im my self 19 years old

Old 12-25-2011, 03:32 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

It's definetly a miracle that you wern't hurt, let alone the kid. Honda civic vs. chevy truck, I'll take the chevy any day of the week.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Beginning Member
nascar2496 is on a distinguished road

wow. I definitely feel safer in my chevy now. I cant stand those stupid 'ricer' kids they always try to race me in my camaro. I dont even give them the time or the day, unless we are at the track. Glad everyone is ok. If you were closer id sell you my 95 blazer lt.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:13 AM
wheninromeSDS is on a distinguished road

I'd have gotten out and smacked the living **** out of that 19 yr old kid. Not just because he trashed my car, but because he decided to put a kit and 17"s on a stock Honda Civic.

Glad you're ok though, I recently had something very similar happen

Old 12-27-2011, 04:23 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Your going to salvage the good parts off your truck, right? Still got 4 good tires/rims on there

Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Vader is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Your going to salvage the good parts off your truck, right? Still got 4 good tires/rims on there
Judging by the Fact it looks like its in an impound yard I don't think they will let him. Up here insurance companies won't let you remove parts. The spare tire he could easily get away with but I don't think they will let him take the rest.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:21 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Around here you can remove parts if they're aftermarket and not vital to the car running, so he could take the wheels, but he'd have to replace them with stockers or something.

Quick Reply: Lost our Blazer to a careless driver.