General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

LS or LT

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:43 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LS or LT

So this weird thing I've come across before and forgotten about until my friend mentioned it today, apparently the 96 4dr Blazer LT has the overhead console, not the LS..but my truck has the overhead console and it's got LS emblems on both doors.. and it's not aftermarket because I also have the power driver's seat that the LT only claims to have.. any idea on what's going on? I'm about to take off the LS emblems and slap the LT ones on..

Old 07-05-2009, 04:39 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Not sure about the '96 but as far as I know the '99 & up LT has the sunroof as standard. So it'll only have the small o/h console with the compass & temp.

The LS has the long o/h console that includes the cubby for sunglasses, door remote etc. But then, mine comes from Japan! LOL

Old 07-05-2009, 07:50 AM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

Mine is a 95 LS and has the o/h console and compass & temp also has power seat lol
so i would say it's correct

Old 07-05-2009, 03:09 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Yea, from what I've gathered, only the LT came with the sunroof. So no sunroof = LS!

But then we get 4 doors with rear mounted spare?????

Old 07-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Standard and available options changed year to year. The only way to really tell what was standard and/or optional for a given trim level is to get a copy of the dealer brochure. I do know that the sunroof was only an available option on the LT trim level, but there are exceptions... I do believe there was a year or two where, if you knew the right person, you could basically check the boxes for the options you wanted regardless of the trim level and essentially build your truck the way you want it. This has since gone away.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:10 PM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, 4 door with rear spare? I'd love that. But yeah my 96 has the long o/h console with the little compartments for sunglasses, remote and other stuff.. also shows temp and compass. My trim has the small silver flare. I wish I had the sunroof, but the truck was bought used so I guess the previous owner chose to put the o/h console in it. Thumbs up to him, it's useful!

Old 07-06-2009, 11:08 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

My 98 LS has the long overhead console with the compass / outside temp gauge, this came factory on this particular vehicle.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

my dads 96 lt has the o/h counsel and power seats, but my 97 ls no counsel just a light and now power seats. my ls has the chrome trim, dont some ls not have this or is this and option on both ls and lt?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Beginning Member
BigBadHoe is on a distinguished road

Well any thing can be added, by the dealer or owner the Lt and Ls both have the same wiring harness and mounting locations so installing factory options is very easy.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Beginning Member
01blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i got an 01 LS with no Sun roof but long O/H Console, Outsside temp/compass disply, with garage door opener compartment, sunglass holder no silver flare

from what i know i think 2 drs will have the short o/h console and 4 doors have long unless its a sunroof? but i could be wrong

anyways my blazer got broken into and have a wiring problem with the overhead/interior lights cant seem to get all the lights besides dash and radio, a/c area to work theres like 5 orange wires and dont know which go where or to what seem like most were extra. was wondering if anyone had a schematic for this, but the compass and temp gauge DO work:
dome & courtesy lights inop
sun visor lights inop