General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

LS or LT

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:42 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Like Kiwiblazer said, in New Zealand the LT came with the sunroof & all the ones I looked at also had biege leather interior but still had a black steering wheel, looked odd.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Looked more like dried mud to me.

When I bought mine I looked at a black one with the rear mounted spare & (figured it looked pretty much like a Toyota Surf) then I saw the Tan seats! Odd - to say the least. says the guy who bought a truck with copper coloured dash bezel & door handle covers. LOL

Old 08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Alright, so I am digging this thread up from a while ago and hijacking it.

I have the a Blazer ZR2 LS, and it came with no overhead console at all. I have always found overhead consoles as useful, and something that makes a vehicle look a lot more classy.

So my idea is to buy an overhead console (the short one with two lights and the information screen) and mount it in my blazer.

I managed to find a few on ebay for dirt cheap. About $50-100 shipping included.

Would there be any problems with mounting that in my Blazer? The ebay add claims it will fit something like a 99 to a 05. Would this be something that would be relatively easy to install, or would I have to deal with a lot of wiring and disassembly?

And lastly, are the roofs of all the blazers the same (arc wise)? So it would match that same arc in my Blazer's roof.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Apparently the owner of my blazer before me... told me this...

I got the LS badges... but its really an LT without Leather and a sunroof.... but idk.... I wish there was something in the rpo codes or the vin that states it... the rpo codes have different convience packages... appearance packages and what not... but nothing listing LS or LT

Old 08-13-2009, 04:30 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton

I got the LS badges... but its really an LT without Leather and a sunroof.... but idk.... I wish there was something in the rpo codes or the vin that states it... the rpo codes have different convience packages... appearance packages and what not... but nothing listing LS or LT

Same here, I have a power seat but cloth interior, no sunroof but a black leather steering wheel and tan interior.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dimmuborgir6nik6
First of all, 4 door with rear spare? I'd love that. But yeah my 96 has the long o/h console with the little compartments for sunglasses, remote and other stuff.. also shows temp and compass. My trim has the small silver flare. I wish I had the sunroof, but the truck was bought used so I guess the previous owner chose to put the o/h console in it. Thumbs up to him, it's useful!
I got the LT with all that stuff also =S

Old 08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wlorton

you can have the dealer run your vin to see what your blazer actually is, but im willing to bet that if you have LS badges its truly an LS.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

My 03 blazer LS is loaded with everything exept leather interior
that includes sunroof, OH console leather steering wheel ect.
whats technically the "better" model anyways?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

LS and LT trim packages varied by model year as to what each contained, the LT being the higher level. In 2002 the LT name was dropped and LS became the top of the line. Each package still had options you could add or ignore.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:13 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

The "Trailblazer" package is up there also(the "trailblazer package was only offered for a few years tho iirc). which model is better? i guess thatll depend on who you ask.