General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

meineke issue, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 03:53 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road
Default meineke issue, need advice

so about 3 weeks ago, my truck shut off, rpm gauge was going nuts, yadda yadda. after they checked it out, they replaced cap and rotor, cam and crankshaft sensor. i kept repeating, i need ac delco parts, idc if it costs more dont put aftermarket in there. he said he can make it happpen on cap and rotor, but if i needed my truck he could get me aftermarket cam and crank sensors. i said that works

i go to pick the truck up, and asked him how much more delco cap and rotor was. he told me he couldnt get it and not to worry the parts got a warranty. so my truck runs like crap, like ive read here thousands of times if you use aftermarket cap and rotor, it will only give you issues. also starts harder than ever. was smooth for a few days after install and thats about it

I called the owner. said it could be pcm, i know its not. its the cap and rotor. he used bwd which is at advance auto. look at reviews....all 4.3l owners calling it junk. he told me he can get me delco if i dont mind waiting a few days. after seeing the upcharge of the bwd parts, i told him id order them. so i got the AC DELCO cap, rotor and cam sensor on amazon for 60 bucks total.

anyway, my issue is, i want to be refunded for the bwd junk that got put in. im assuming he got it from advance. how can i get a refund if they are not willing to get me it ( idk if they will or not just wanna be prepared)

Old 08-18-2015, 10:12 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

The best you can hope for is reimbursement for the cap and rotor. That is because the wrench said he could do Delco for the cap and rotor but not the sensors. The China parts do have a warranty which should be honored. Try not to be unreasonable as the guys intrest was getting you running as soon as possible, which he did.

Last edited by LeWhite; 08-18-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by LeWhite
The best you can hope for is reimbursement for the cap and rotor. That is because the wrench said he could do Delco for the cap and rotor but not the sensors. The China parts do have a warranty which should be honored. Try not to be unreasonable as the guys intrest was getting you running as soon as possible, which he did.
what originally happened was i booked the appointment online, and they "never got" the email. but i go the conformation email that it was booked, and he said hed help me out on the price. which i looked at the part numbers and compared priced to what he charged me, and it was nearly double what advanced was selling it for (where they got it from)

i spent the same amount for all delco parts i just ordered from what he charged me for cap and rotor. im not sure if i mention that i was extremely upcharged for junk parts. when the parts come in or i get a date, im going schedule appointment on the phone directly and get details if im getting charged at all for this and if im getting anything back, if not i think its fair i ask for the original receipt and try to return it myself do you?

Old 08-19-2015, 04:17 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

What would be fair by you? He says its the ecu, you say its junk distributor parts. If he replaces the new distributor parts and it still runs bad, would you be willing to pay for ALL his time, trouble, and parts for your truck? (and still have a poor running truck)

Me, I think it needs a Crank/ cam relearn.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:40 PM

well, him telling me hes going to get me delco then not saying a word about it until i asked is sketchy. fair is putting quality parts in the first place, (do things right once). everyone on this forum says dont cheap out on cap or rotors or itll run like ****. im experiencing it first hand. im not looking for a handout but since i practically paid double for junk parts i believe whats "fair" to me is getting for what i (over) paid for

he told me hes never heard of having to do a relearn after replacing the crank sensor..which i read on multiple posts here it HAS to be done...i didnt know there was a cam relearn? could that be half the reason its running poorly?

Last edited by er0ck273; 08-19-2015 at 03:53 PM.