General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Mid grade gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
janddcunningham is on a distinguished road
Default Mid grade gas prices

Ok i moved to NE from IN and i have noticed that the mid grade gas is .10 cheaper than reg? Why and should i pay the extra for reg gas anyone please tell me what you know and think. Thanks

Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Strange. Sure its not that e85 stuff?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

E85 would eat through the fuel lines or something equally bad I believe as its more alcohol. The Midwest gas has a 10-15% ethanol blend in all but the high-octane stuff

Old 08-24-2011, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nineTnine
E85 would eat through the fuel lines or something equally bad I believe as its more alcohol. The Midwest gas has a 10-15% ethanol blend in all but the high-octane stuff
Just to clarify, E85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gas. It is for use in Flex Fuel vehicles, of which NONE of us have. There are NO stations nation wide that sell anything above 10% ethanol, 90% gas.

The US gov't, you know, the guy that some of you elected president, is now looking to bump up the ethanol content in mainstream gasoline to 15%. Their "plan" is to see if there are any problems with the vehicles currently on the road or not.

No R&D, no long term tests. Let's just see what happens. Now, this same gov't, that others have voted for, has decided to do away with subsidies to farmers growing corn to make ethanol as it has been proven, to some or most (depends on what side of the aisle you are on), that ethanol is not the savior to getting off our dependancy to dino fuel.

As to the OP's original post, running mid grade will not add anything to your vehicle as it was designed to run on regular grade. That being said, if you have some carbon build up in the heads/around the valves, you will see an improvement.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

That's pretty much physically impossible that mid grade would ever be cheaper than regular. So it is most likely something else.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I think who ever owns the station is high off gas fumes

Old 08-25-2011, 12:21 AM
bbaile13` is on a distinguished road

it's all BS when i lived in south carolina there were places that sold %100 gas for the same prices as the other places...but here in florida its all expensive and all doesn't seem to last as long as it should...$40 dollars 3 days ago in the tank 140 miles later and i already have to get more gas before work in the morning

Old 08-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by chris015
Strange. Sure its not that e85 stuff?
Well i know my truck now has a loud fuel pump i am thinking i will look at the pumps and i am guessing it is e85 stuff guess i will pay more for my gas. Now shell same deal here and on the pump it says high octane?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

E85 is a much higher octane.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:40 AM

I think i have a better understanding now so basically i am ruining my truck with this crap gas right bet i would get better gas millage with the other too.

Quick Reply: Mid grade gas prices