General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Most Bang For My Buck

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Beginning Member
Eaglefan9727 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TMM217
I would say go with the zr2, what was it 1,2,or 3 especially if its going to be more of a recreational vehicle but there is always mods that can be done to the 4drs to be like a zr2.
There is a good chance that I will end up with a ZR2 when the time comes. I just hope there are some out there for sale when I am ready to buy. Im hoping for a metallic blue blazer. As for any modding to the blazer, I have no plans for any of that in the future.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

If you have no plans on modding and really getting into off-roading, don't go for a ZR2. The ride is extremely rough in them compared to non-z's. My wife hates my Z because of how rough it is. My buddy's non-z is sooo much smoother.

I had an 87 Firebird with stiffer lowering springs so I was already used to a rougher ride, but I would even prefer if it rode a little smoother.

Make sure you test drive non-z's as well to see the difference in ride and if you can live with it or not.

If you don't think a rough ride would be a problem, then it doesn't really matter.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
If you have no plans on modding and really getting into off-roading, don't go for a ZR2. The ride is extremely rough in them compared to non-z's. My wife hates my Z because of how rough it is. My buddy's non-z is sooo much smoother.

I had an 87 Firebird with stiffer lowering springs so I was already used to a rougher ride, but I would even prefer if it rode a little smoother.

Make sure you test drive non-z's as well to see the difference in ride and if you can live with it or not.

If you don't think a rough ride would be a problem, then it doesn't really matter.
As of right now, Most of the 2dr4wd blazers in the northeast are ZR2's and the blazers that arent. I dont like where the automatic gear is as most of them are on the steering wheel instead of near the center console of the blazer. Ill be doing alot of test driving in the coming months on blazers. That is one thing for sure.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:08 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Little Roober
Something to do with that part? Lmao.
Like I said, I'm being nice...lol

Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Starting Member
jaked up is on a distinguished road

there is a swap you can do if your good at fabing stuff to change it to a floor shifter i am also a mass resident blazers are faily easy to find here in mass and i have seen lots of them for sale in westfeild idk where you are located but ill will help you in your such as much as i can for i like helping people bc part of the blazer life

Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by jaked up
there is a swap you can do if your good at fabing stuff to change it to a floor shifter i am also a mass resident blazers are faily easy to find here in mass and i have seen lots of them for sale in westfeild idk where you are located but ill will help you in your such as much as i can for i like helping people bc part of the blazer life
Im from the Gardner/Westminster area of MA. Like I stated in one of my earlier post. I wont be really going out looking at blazers until I come back from my yearly vacation to Los Angeles which takes place every April. This year, My trip is from April 3rd to May 1st. Once I get home, My wife and I will start going out and looking at blazers and most likely will be at the end of the summer before I end up with a blazer. As for the blazer that I am looking for is as follows:

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS, $3,995 - Cars.com

This is the perfect blazer as I like the idea where the extra tire is in the blazer in itself instead of the tire out in the open. And it is also my first choice when it comes to the color. My second choice for color would be black. Anyways, I really hope this blazer is still available during the summer, But with my luck. It wont be.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:57 AM

The ones with spares inside are only donuts, ones with tire carriers have full size spares. Just something else to consider.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
The ones with spares inside are only donuts, ones with tire carriers have full size spares. Just something else to consider.
Sorry, but that is incorrect information. All the spares are FULL size spares. My 92 Blazer had a full size spare in the trunk area, and so does the blazer the OP just posted.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:37 PM

my buddy has an 05, I thought he had said it wasn't a fullsize spare on his. Maybe I misunderstood what he had said about it.

edit: just checked with my buddy, his did come with just a donut, so not all blazers had full size spares, and I guess not all mounted inside were donuts either.

Last edited by Jamaroon; 01-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange, that is the first time I have heard of that. It would be worth mentioning if his is 2wd or 4wd as well though . I have owned three different blazers and an S10, my parents have owned two S10 Blazers as well and all had full sized spares.

Quick Reply: Most Bang For My Buck