General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

my blazer is SLOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: my blazer is SLOW!!

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

maybe i should have made a seperate post but its somewhat related.

anyway, buddy got a4 door 2000 exploder with 240k on the 4L V6. he paid like $5200 cad.

For some reason he thinks it will do so much better in the mud cuz its a 4 door [&:]

how you guys think a blazer stacks up against it?
Blazer>Explorer anyday. My brother has a 97 4 door. I dont even like to drive it,let alone drive it in the mud.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Ford cannot make a v6. nuff said.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:07 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I think this might give you an idea on how well an Explorer can do compared to a Blazer... lol.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Blazers weren't meant to be racing trucks... the Xtreme should be a little quicker but again the Lumina has no weight to it. If you sneeze on a Lumina you can give it a door ding dent!! A friend of mine had one and it was made out of a tuna fish can or something... the Blazers a little ... no, a lot heavier I believe?

Just food for thought.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Yea my blazer is no speed demon either. If my motor ever dies I'm just going to swap in a v8.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:48 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

My Blazer is getting a V8 swap before the 4.3 dies... Then I'll have a nice go-kart engine.... But that might have to wait, depending on what the Honda dealership tells me about getting my quad, lol

Old 09-05-2007, 06:23 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i would hink the gears in the lumina would be different than a blazer and that can change everything, i dont think my blazer is a beast but i have no problem w/ getting going when i need to. i dont know what is can get up to because it shuts off at 98 but it still gaining when it shuts off, so i wouldn't considerit slow

Old 09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran

The gears in a Lumina are taller than the average gearing in a Blazer.

Most Lumina's had 3.23's or 3.08s and I think some 2.xx were put out...

Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

It's all comparable to what you are used to, but still I am surprised by so many saying the Blazer is slow, where I don't have a large complaint about it. The Z was my daily driver for years, it put down 372hp/374tqbefore Spray, I figured I would bitch about the Blazer the way I bitch about the wifes RSX (god is that thing slow...and torqueless too), but surprisingly I think the Blazer is torquey enough that it doesn't feel bad at all. I mean I can't pull out at times the Z would have me out in traffic or expect to show up that person in the lane that ends after a light, but it's a heavy truck, I didn't expect it to run a quarter well. Would I love it to be faster, well hell yea and I am considering an LS1swap in the future, but for a DD, it does me just fine for now. And on the Explorer side, I drive a co-workers explorer a lot when we go out to lunch and that thing is not peppy at all, the blazer feels much stronger.

Good thing about theBlazer though,the Z has only been out twice since I got the Blazer and damn it hasn't felt this strong since the header/exhaust swap, I'm loven that feeling again.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM
BF Veteran

Exploders aren't bad when they've got the V8... But still feels kind of sluggish compared to my Blazer...

Quick Reply: my blazer is SLOW!!