General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My Wrecked Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 05:28 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Wrecked Blazer

As some of you may know from what I posted in the WTB section, I wrecked my Blazer. I drove into a telephone pole. It wasn't a good day. So the hood is crimped and angled funny. $500 hood too. The core support is shot. My awesome grille is wrecked. The halo headlights are intact and fine, amazingly enough. The bumper is gone. There are 2 elbows that you bolt the bumper onto that's part of the frame, and one of the elbows is bent. No idea how to fix it.

Basically I am going to go to the junk yard, pull parts to get the blazer back into shape then sell it. I hate to do it, but I want to do it so I can move onto my next project. I will post pictures soon even though I hate to even look at the blazer anymore. Lol.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: My Wrecked Blazer

that does suck man. Sorry to hear it. But time to move on to your show truck project!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:21 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear. At least you're alright and thats what counts. I wish i knew someone closer to ya with a blazer for sale but everyone i know is in Arizona. Viva la Craigs list i guess?

Old 06-28-2007, 08:30 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update.

I didn't take pictures of the wrecked truck because I couldn't bring myself to. Anyway, I got it fixed and all but I messed up the sub frame (engine cradle frame). Everything shifted like 1/2". So when the hood is closed, it's really tight on one side, with a big gap on the other. The corner of the headlight is flush with the fender on one side, with a gap on the other. There is a tapered gap between the hood and grille. I also bent the bumper bracket (really thick steel that's part of the frame which couldn't be bent back into shape). Anyway, it doesn't look too bad, but still....I don't know. I still need/want to sell it so I am still looking for another....

Old 06-29-2007, 01:42 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

To bad, it's a nice looking truck. You could always get the frame pulled and squared or have a section replaced. It's not a cheap fix though.