General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Need information about the Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:00 AM
JPN
Starting Member
JPN is on a distinguished road
Default Need information about the Blazer

Hello everybody,

I am looking at changing my 4X4 and I really like the lookof the Blazer ( 2001 ), I wonder if you can help with some information.

Do the back seats fold down completely flat? Does anybodyknows the full dimensions of the boot with the back seats down? I been toldthat it’s very difficult to get hold of parts for it and to get a garage who knowsabout them in UK? Any comments from UK users ( I am in Hampshire ).

I been reading the forum and looks like there’s a big list of things going wrong, it’sthis true or just the occasional truck with some gremlins?

What are the main things to look for when I go and check thetruck? Are the Blazers belt or chain driven? I own a Ford Explorer, how do theBlazer compares with it in space and comfort?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2014, 02:03 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a very slight incline to the rear seat backs when they are folded down.
Sure, parts will be more difficult to find in the U.K. than they are here in the States.
All you will read about on internet forums is the problems people encounter with a vehicle. Rarely do people take the time to write, "Wow, I really love my car!"
Blazer engines use a timing chain opposed to a timing belt.
S-10 Blazers are slightly smaller than a Ford Explorer. Comfort is a relative evaluation.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:17 AM
JPN
Starting Member
JPN is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rriddle3
There is a very slight incline to the rear seat backs when they are folded down.
Sure, parts will be more difficult to find in the U.K. than they are here in the States.
All you will read about on internet forums is the problems people encounter with a vehicle. Rarely do people take the time to write, "Wow, I really love my car!"
Blazer engines use a timing chain opposed to a timing belt.
S-10 Blazers are slightly smaller than a Ford Explorer. Comfort is a relative evaluation.
Thank you rriddle3.
What I meant about comfort was the Explorer has a really bouncy ride, it's the Blazer firmer? Also te rear supension it's a self leveling or a normal leaf spring?

Thank you

Old 04-23-2014, 06:19 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the Blazer's ride is firmer. It has normal rear leaf springs.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

The 2 door models are shorter, but I can fit a real single matress *flat* in the back of my 4dr with the front seats moved up a bit.. puts it at about 39 in × 75 in in between the wheel wells. the motor is timing chain. like rirddle said the forum is a place to find solutions to problems, so you see alot of problems posted here. I like chev better than ford, so to me fixing my blazer is fine but when a ford breaks its a p.o.s. lol its mostly preferance

Old 04-28-2014, 03:01 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

The blazer has a bigger engine with more power than an explorer. 4.3L vs 4.0L

The blazer is a firmer ride. T-Bar front end that you can adjust and lead spring rear.

The seats dont quite go flat. Ive put a double air matress in the back of mine and left the rear gate down and the glass up. Its nice sleeping slightly inclined. I can close the rear hatch on mine without moving the front seats up (4 door model)

As the others have said, you see all the problems because 100 poeple bitch and whine for every 1 that gives a good report.