General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New to blazers, about to trade my stang for one, advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:33 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

for the lights dimming from the sub,do the "big 3 mod" google it. Good luck on the blazer.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:16 PM
kingkill83 is on a distinguished road

Ant- sorry I havent had alot of time on the computer, 99 of my posts so far have been from work on midnights via my craptastic windows phone on a 3g network that reminds me of dial up with its speeds......this si teh first I've sat at the computer in a week.....its craziness how little time a man gets to himself anymore. In the end its all good. Did a little research on the "big 3 upgrade" and i noticed when my heat is on, the belt seems stronger and the amperes stay around 14+ (then again i havent turned my bass up passed -3 lol!). I'm going to try to figure out how to post pictures. well, heres a link to the stang: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

and ehres one to the blazer: Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

best way for me to link right now as i dont have any fancy photo sharing website accounts, and dont feel like trying to figure it out as I'm trying my best to relax a little bit before work slams me back in my seat.

I will say that I absolutely love this truck. For some reason every time i look at it it brigns back memories of when I first saw them. Now the only thing i can think of that it needs is :
1. Big three upgrade
2. Tune
3. Shorty Antenna. (for some reason i think it would look dope on the truck)
4. secondary battery
5. primary deep cycle battery
6. minor paint repairs where there is slight rust (and VERY slight)
7. mroe time for my wife to sit in it with me
8. A "generator" instead of the alternator....my buddy whos an electronics expert was telling me if I do the big three to do that too since the speaker system we have is insane for 2 12's.
Mind you, we do love this truck, so hopefully I can get atlest the paint fixed by winter, and another vehicle so that it can relax in the salt season the great lakes blows our way, and last us aother 20 years easily.

All in all, in the end, I am VERY satisfied with this truck. IF I get more time ill try to figure out how to put up a few more pictures of the mustang....alot of my friends are telling me the stang was worth WAY more, but in the end," if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, do the best to take care of your wife. " Shes comfortable, and i feel atleast content with what we traded for as I always wanted one of these trucks. The xtremes always spoke to my inner man on the appearance of the "modded kitted lowered truck" side of things, especially since it came this way stock and I dont gotta dump alot of money into a regular blazer to get this look that I prolly never would have thought of doing to begin with. Granted, IMO, the blazer was kind of chevys early 2000's answer to other auto companies doing "sport" models (see svt focus as a target for younger drivers), so i think the xtremes should have already came with a LS1 or more performance mods per say.....but in the end, I love the truck just how it is minus the few modifications that it needs I stated above.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Blue thunder 2000 is on a distinguished road

hope you enjoy your blazer! id kill for an xtreme, im a former stang owner to, had a 92 fox.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:21 AM
kingkill83 is on a distinguished road

New Picture Attempt lol: cant open tab for the picture, but facebook gives me this option:
Wall Photos | Facebook

The secondary set has a few more mustang pictures, but one of the blazer. (I cant do each picture individually for some odd reason):
Mobile Uploads | Facebook

So enjoy all the extras too! lol.

Edit: tested, and working link to albums lol.

Last edited by kingkill83; 08-06-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kingkill83
New Picture Attempt lol: cant open tab for the picture, but facebook gives me this option:
Wall Photos | Facebook

The secondary set has a few more mustang pictures, but one of the blazer. (I cant do each picture individually for some odd reason):
Mobile Uploads | Facebook

So enjoy all the extras too! lol.

Edit: tested, and working link to albums lol.
your xtreme looks sweet in white! congrats. btw love that perfect woman pic lol

Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

Nice truck except I have no use for as 2x4. I need 4x4s & the wife needs 4 doors. But an Extreme 4x4 would be in my wants.
But glad it is working for you guys. I seem to be in love with Blazers, I'm looking for another one as a spare.