Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

New here, new to Blazers and need paint advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:26 AM
hedgepig is on a distinguished road
Smile New here, new to Blazers and need paint advice please!

Hi guys,

Greetings from southern Ontario! Newly arrived mother of two from the UK - bought my first Blazer - 2000 LS with lovely chunky wheels - love it!

Now a huge fan of Blazers and wouldnt go back to driving anything else. Mine is mechanically sound (except for the rear window wiper that doesnt work but no worries) - needs a bit of paint work though.

The paint code is u8555 - and i found the GM black gloss paint (as we call it in the UK) that matches the main body work BUT the wheel arches (dont know your name for it sorry) and the front bumper seem to be in more of a dark metallic grey matt finish - can anyone help with what colour paint this would be?

Would really appreciate it if anyone has an answer to this!

Regards

Lyn

Last edited by hedgepig; 10-15-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: cause i can
Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Welcome from Northern Ontario, your question will get more attention in the "Paint body and interior" section of the forum.

Pictures of your truck will help your description too. We here are "picture vultures"

Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to 'Paint, Body, & Interior'*

Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by oktain
Welcome from Northern Ontario, your question will get more attention in the "Paint body and interior" section of the forum.

Pictures of your truck will help your description too. We here are "picture vultures"

ok picture vultures here goes! -

Old 10-15-2010, 01:33 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

It might be the same gloss as the body, but since the Fender Flares and bumpers are plastic they might cause it to look matte.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
It might be the same gloss as the body, but since the Fender Flares and bumpers are plastic they might cause it to look matte.

Hi, really dont think so - the paint is a different finish - it looks like a metallic paint - which is completely different from the body which is a gloss black

regards

Lyn

Old 10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hedgepig
Hi, really dont think so - the paint is a different finish - it looks like a metallic paint - which is completely different from the body which is a gloss black

regards

Lyn
Oh, the pics made it look like it had a Flat Black finish. It very well could be an entirely different color, but I'd imagine it would have the code unless it was done by a previous owner.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Is there a code beginning with the letter "L" previous to the "U" paint code? The "U" code indicates the upper body color and the "L" code indicates the lower body color. If no "L" code exists then the vehicle was painted a single color.

Looking at the pictures I'd say that someone added the fender flares (wheel arches). The front bumper has also been replaced. The original LS bumper has a rubber protective strip. My guess would be that they painted the bumpers, fender flares and lower portion of the body a different color on purpose to give it some contrast. You could take it to a shop and have it painted to match the rest of the body, or you could buy some Duplicolor Perfect Match paint and do it yourself if you wanted to.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 01BlackBeauty
Is there a code beginning with the letter "L" previous to the "U" paint code? The "U" code indicates the upper body color and the "L" code indicates the lower body color. If no "L" code exists then the vehicle was painted a single color.

Looking at the pictures I'd say that someone added the fender flares (wheel arches). The front bumper has also been replaced. The original LS bumper has a rubber protective strip. My guess would be that they painted the bumpers, fender flares and lower portion of the body a different color on purpose to give it some contrast. You could take it to a shop and have it painted to match the rest of the body, or you could buy some Duplicolor Perfect Match paint and do it yourself if you wanted to.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies - they have certainly shed some light on it. There is no other L code - just the U code so im going to assume that a previous owner customised the fender flares and bumper. Im just going to go for the similar colour i found and spray them all again - problem solved! Thanks for taking the time to help!

regards

Lyn