General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New (to me) Air Compressor!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Another small bump. Later this week I will be taking the motor down to be looked at by a motor shop my dad uses to see if it is still in proper working order. If it isn't, then I'll have to decide if I still want to stay with a 5HP 3PH motor (cheaper than a 5HP 1PH motor which would still require a contactor switch to start) or drop down to a 3HP 1PH motor and put a different pulley on it to run the compressor slower.

The reason I haven't been hearing much about the phase converter is that they are waiting on a purpose built machine that will allow for load testing of the stock of old inventory that they have to ensure that what they give me is going to work 100%.