General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New Tires?

Quinnman alot of jeeps that come in get the Wrangler RT/S

I heard good reviews for the on/off road of these tires...

I been offroading on my radials...and it handled the mudd fine untill I got stuck, so I think radials are mostly pavement tires.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: nj4x4blaze

You know what I appologize for jumping down your throat like that . Didn't mean anything by, I just deal with tool bags all day on other forums and I keep forgeting that this site has a different setting. Thats fine that you work for a tire shop and after you said that I spoke to someone at tire rack regarding this and they assured me that tire was correct and gave me the speach they sell millions of tire a week.. blah blah blah... With that said, Dory you have alot of tires that people here have reccomended to ya... Good luck picking one out. Just make sure you do your home work on the tire just to make sure you are getting the best tire for the right price. You get what you pay for.
Be carefull with tirerack!...YEs they sell alot of tires, UPs guy drops off 6+ daily that we have to mount...

Problem is the tires they sell are horrible when trying to mount them!

The beads dont seal correctly on a lot of their tires, one of my coworkers actually blew the tire crushing his ribs.

HAving to fill the tire to 200+ psi to get the bead to pop is a dangerous task! We have sent many complaints to Tire Rack for this...

Old 01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Zasder

ORIGINAL: nj4x4blaze

You know what I appologize for jumping down your throat like that . Didn't mean anything by, I just deal with tool bags all day on other forums and I keep forgeting that this site has a different setting. Thats fine that you work for a tire shop and after you said that I spoke to someone at tire rack regarding this and they assured me that tire was correct and gave me the speach they sell millions of tire a week.. blah blah blah... With that said, Dory you have alot of tires that people here have reccomended to ya... Good luck picking one out. Just make sure you do your home work on the tire just to make sure you are getting the best tire for the right price. You get what you pay for.
Be carefull with tirerack!...YEs they sell alot of tires, UPs guy drops off 6+ daily that we have to mount...

Problem is the tires they sell are horrible when trying to mount them!

The beads dont seal correctly on a lot of their tires, one of my coworkers actually blew the tire crushing his ribs.

HAving to fill the tire to 200+ psi to get the bead to pop is a dangerous task! We have sent many complaints to Tire Rack for this...
Wouldn't that have to do with more the tire manufacture versus tire rack? I would have to imagine them saying that they dont make the tire, they just sell them..lol... I've never had a problem with tire rack but at the same time I don't need tires everyday..

Old 01-16-2008, 03:58 PM
spartan is an unknown quantity at this point

My Blazer came with a new set of Mastercraft Avenger G/T's. They have been pretty decent in any type of weather... snow was okay as long as I was light on the throttle.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 PM
cj599 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a set of yokohama geolanders on mine they do just fine http://www.yokohamatire.com/TireIntr...D=11&ID=lt

Old 01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: quinnman105

Are these a good type of tire? Radial Rover RVXT is Dunlop's Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire designed to combine on-road comfort with off-road traction.
I bought these tires in November last year, specifically because they were an all terrain tire also made for deep snow, so I had a suitable tire for the Colorado trails and I wouldn't have to deal with changing tires in the spring. Ice traction isn't that great, snow traction is pretty good. Road noise isn't that noticeable (I also have a loud stereo though). I spent 72 bucks on each one from Tire Rack at the time. I haven't driven my Blazer at all this winter so I can't say how well they perform after some wear. So far they were an excellent buy for me and i'll probably get another set when the time comes.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:50 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: Zasder

Quinnman alot of jeeps that come in get the Wrangler RT/S

I heard good reviews for the on/off road of these tires...

I been offroading on my radials...and it handled the mudd fine untill I got stuck, so I think radials are mostly pavement tires.
The RT/S is what came stock on my Blazer... And they were HORRIBLE on any kind of snow/ice.

They're a good highway tire, do not too bad on wet roads... But they suck in the snow, and are definitely NOT suited for ice.

I had BF Goodrich Premiers on my beater 2WD S10, and they did pretty good... Never got stuck until I took the sand bags out, lol.

And as for "passenger tire" vs. "LT tire" as long as the load rating is high enough you will NOT have any problems.

However, a passenger tire, generally isn't as "durable" when off-roading.

Costco is a good place to go for tires... My BFG A/T's were only $170 a tire.

I think I got all 4 Premiers on my S10 for less than $400 installed.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM
bormal is an unknown quantity at this point

well i bought bfg's 235 75 15 long trail touring xl rating 108t. these tire are excetional!
max preasure is 50 psi, put 40 psi. they are 28.9 inches so truck sits higher. took the truck out in this
new york city snow storm 10 inches to flushing medow park. ran right thourgh a 20" snow drift
in 4wd low. great highway driving as well as great great snow driving. great traction and truck
feels very planted. reprogramed with hypertech for tire size.