Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Tires, Tires, Tires...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:42 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default Tires, Tires, Tires...

I'm having to make a decision on what tires I need to buy. I have narrowed it down to GY Fortera Tripletreds, Uniroyal Laredo awt, GY Wrangler Rt/s, Hankook Dynapro ATM, or the Kuhmo Road Venture AT. Right now I'm leaning toward the Fortera, but I really dont know whether I want an agressive tread or a more performance looking tread. I want white outline letter tires too but theFortera doesn't have white outline. The Fortera has more grip than all of them and longer treadlife than all of them but the Uniroyal. This is the first time I have had to buy tires for myBlazer and whatI have on them now is the Wrangler RT/S. I like the Wranglers because they do all I want them to butthe sidewall has dry rotted tooquikly and theyskid too easily under heavy braking.I like the Wranglersbetter thantheMichelin tires that are on my Mom's Envoy, I personally think they ride better. I'm just so confused on this. Please help me out.[sm=wtf.gif]
BRENT

Old 03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tires, Tires, Tires...

i would not recomend the hankook tires because dads started to crack with bout 10000 miles on them.
but i would recommend the cooper discoverer tires they are very good tires.

jimmyboy

Old 03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

I have heard good things about Kuhmo's Venture line of tires. .

Old 03-26-2007, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran

I think I am going with the Goodyear Forteras.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:07 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay away from the Uniroyal, I had those on my Blazer and I didnt like them. I now have some Kellies. I just got them put on today so I dont know if Ill like them or not so I wont recomend them yet.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran

Were your Uniroyals Tigerpaw or Laredo? I can already tell you that the Kelly's will outlast the car if you don't drive it everyday. They ride really bad but but last a long time.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:11 AM
2 Big Blazers is an unknown quantity at this point

Denman Ground Hawg tires are the only way too go.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:55 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

Were your Uniroyals Tigerpaw or Laredo? I can already tell you that the Kelly's will outlast the car if you don't drive it everyday. They ride really bad but but last a long time.
They were the Laredos.

Haha if I dont drive it everyday. I spose all tires could be like that. I do drive it every day. Im estimateing probaly 10k a year. I dont think the ride is bad at all, they are a little louder then the Uniroyals but not by much. There the Safari SJR.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:53 PM
BF Veteran

I was commenting on Uniroyalsdryrot resistence. But at10k a year, they probably would last a long time. I am currently looking for Forteras, but there is only one dealer in my county and they have them at $159.99 per tire w/o mounting and balancing.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:36 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

If you don't plan on driving on any gravel roads, hauling heavy loads, and don't see a lot of really wet weather, then the Wrangler RT/S's will do pretty good, they seem to last a good while, if you don't do anything other than drive unloaded on pavement...

They just hydroplane easilly, and hate snow and ice, lol.

They're very quiet on the road, and at 32k or so miles, mine still have a lot of tread left on them...