General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Opinions Opinions Opinions What do you think I should do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

what no time to slip it on real quick or anything, but it just a seatbelt ticket nothing major pay it

Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Why would there be court cost if you just pay the ticket,I have never heard of that before?

Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Not sure A friend got a surcharge or something from the same town where I got the ticket. We will see.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:33 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
From what I hear there will be the court cost with or with out fighting it.. I will pay for it and move on with my life.
There should not be any cost besides the cost of the ticket if you pay it. Why would there be a court cost if you are not going to court?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:03 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Have you never been cited for a fine before? Just pay it. Go into the registry, or the courthouse and pay it. If you don't pay it on time then they add on (in my town anyways) $25 or 25% whichever is more. Usually they give 30 days to pay a 100$ fine, and up to 90 days to pay expensive fines. Nobodys going to hunt you down and jail you, dog the bounty hunter isn't going to show up knocking... None of that. If you don't pay it, and don't go to the court house, you will get a bench warrant. Then if a cop stops you and runs your licence, he can arrest you on a bench warrant (which he will 99% of the time NOT DO unless you have over 500 in outstanding fines)... Its no big deal. Even if you don't pay it, nothing happens till its time to register your vehicle again. Then you will be paying registration, PLUS the fine, PLUS 25% of the fine on top before you get your stickers for the plates.

I used to speed a lot, and get random equipment violations when I was a kid. Ive paid probably 10G in fines in my time. No big deal.

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-11-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I know its no big deal. Just need to money to go pay it lol Hopefully I pay it soon before the bills come again.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

My wife says she has never seen anybody put a seat belt on one handed as fast as I could , but I have still got caught
I have a bad habit of getting rolling ,then putting it on

Paying ASAP is in you best interest
Forget to pay and end up with a warrant

Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Hopefully the no seat belt ticket doesnt cost as much as it does here.A old friend got one about 5-6 years ago it cost him$65.Maybe they can let you do community service if you cant afford to pay the fine.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
Hopefully the no seat belt ticket doesnt cost as much as it does here.A old friend got one about 5-6 years ago it cost him$65.Maybe they can let you do community service if you cant afford to pay the fine.
I think they are $135 plus 2 points here

Old 03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
BF Guru

So I went to court today to pleed guilty. Turned out the wrong judge was there and I need to go back April 4th ... SO I went to the DMV.

The DMV said I need to pay a court surcharge too even tho Im pleeding guilty.... she said it should be around 150 bucks all said and done .... We will see....
Sucks that they are going to hit me with a dam surcharge too.

Quick Reply: Opinions Opinions Opinions What do you think I should do?